PDA

View Full Version : Travel planning anxiety

.Poppy.
21-02-15, 19:20
So, spring break is coming up in about a month. My friends and I all had a trip planned but it slowly fell apart. A friend and I decided to go to a city for the week instead, just the two of us, and meet up with another friend of ours who lives there.

It sounds like a bunch of fun. But I am stressed to the max!!

Somehow, it fell to me to plan all this out. I've been searching for hotels and bed and breakfasts for a good couple of weeks, but it feels like much longer. One place I really wanted booked in a couple of days - really fast - and I'm afraid the other will too. This other place I want to stay is an entire apartment to ourselves, two bedroom so we'd each get our own room (which would be great for my travel anxiety in general). I need to run it past my friend, and she said she'd look at it tonight.

In the meantime, I'm going crazy. Logically, I know we'll find somewhere to stay no matter what but I'm finding myself getting my heart set on these certain places and terrified that it will book up and I'll have to search again.

On top of that, with it being totally up to me I'm concerned that I'll miss some sort of fee or loophole and screw the whole thing up. Yay for adult responsibilities!

I am totally nauseous and I can't sit still. I find myself pacing, I can't focus on anything. I keep checking my phone in the hopes that maybe she'll look at it, but no dice. Hoping she sees it before she goes out tonight, but I don't know.

I've got a walk planned for today but how can I alleviate this stress in the meantime? Hopefully she'll look at it tonight and give me an answer, then I can get it booked and look forward to the fun aspects of the trip. For now, I'm going crazy!! :wacko:

Oosh
24-02-15, 15:46
How you getting on ?

I'd tell my friend that really good accommodation is appearing but being snapped up straight away so so I'm going to book the next one "ok ?"
I'd give them a rough outline of what I was going to book. Get the go ahead then monitor them and jump on the next one I really wanted.

Don't worry about missing anything. Do your best, check the common things then just be decisive and press that button. Then send her the details and rave about everything it has good about it.

Be decisive in as few moves as possible. It just feels good getting these things done so they're not hanging over you day after day so the important thing is to get it done.

.Poppy.
24-02-15, 20:09
Thank you, Oosh! You always know just what to say :)

After an agonizing weekend of sending texts to my friend constantly (and me apologizing for being so naggy and her apologizing for being too busy) and after losing the two places I wanted to stay at most, we finally chose a place and got it booked.

It's a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm sure there will be plenty to be anxious about later - there always is, and somehow there's even more travel pressure when it's just you and one other person - if I don't want to do something, there's no one else for her to do it with so it gets spoiled and vice versa. But for now, I'm pretty happy. It's a lovely place, middle of the road in price, and I think we'll have a lot of fun.

So, that's that :) Hoping to be more flexible and adventurous this trip - maybe it will transfer over to other areas of my life!!