PDA

View Full Version : Spit out blood?

Strovbe
22-02-15, 00:22
So, usually when I brush my teeth (the wisdom tooth area mostly) I bleed a lot. But yesterday night, I was doing it, avoided my wisdom tooth, and finished brushing and started spitting. I spit for a bit but no blood, then I spit out a piece of green mucus, then blood. Should I be concerned? I don't know if it was my gums or throat and I'm very worried I might have oral or throat cancer

j2
22-02-15, 04:02
I am not a doctor and I am sorry you are worried. Is it possible you have a sinus infection? That would explain the green mucus and the blood.

Good luck

Strovbe
22-02-15, 06:03
I don't think so, my sinuses are fine.

plscomeandhelp
22-02-15, 06:35
if youre spitting out green mucus it probably means that youre sick, like a cold, or sinus infection. stay warm! maybe drink some tea. and get rest. relax I find that I can stop my anxiety from coming (that negative feeling) by getting up and lying down onto my bed and breathing deep breaths, cleansing your mind.

Fishmanpa
22-02-15, 11:48
I'm very worried I might have oral or throat cancer

With the fears you're speaking if, why do you smoke?

Positive thoughts

Strovbe
22-02-15, 17:34
With the fears you're speaking if, why do you smoke?

Positive thoughts

Hey fishmanpa! I know you from anxietyzone. Nice guitar, by the way. I smoke because I literally cannot quit. It helps my anxiety and right now I'm going through a pretty tough time. I'm going to try to quit this summer once everything calms down.

Brunette
24-02-15, 19:16
If you visit the hygienist your gums will stop bleeding when you brush them - it is a sign of gum disease which is not a good thing but can easily be treated.

herbie73
24-02-15, 20:56
Hi there, my dentist told me to use interdental sticks which you buy at the chemist, as my gums bleed when I brush, apparently its an early sign of gum disease, you have probably got a bit of an infection if your mucus is green, maybe the blood was from your gums, but if it wasn't its not uncommon for people to have a bit of blood in there mucus if they have an infection, so try not to worry xx