PDA

View Full Version : Struggling. Positive thoughts please.

at86
22-02-15, 07:07
Hi all,

Looking for some positive energy please. For the past few weeks I've felt anxiety looming over me. This started after going to the doctors for a cough that's been waking me up through the night on and off for a few months. This still hasn't been sorted and the doctor believes it is probably acid reflux. However, obviously me being me I started to convince myself it was throat cancer.

Since then I've been waking up extremely stiff, all over, my legs, arms, hands, neck, back. Everywhere. Today and yesterday in particular I've felt my legs are like jelly when walking for a few hours after waking up. I'm shaky, even late in the evening when a lot of the stiffness has died down, just holding my knife and fork doesn't feel right. I also feel weak, not that I can't do something but my muscles feel tired just after doing the smallest thing like typing, as if I have to move around to make whichever muscle feel 'right'.

I've always been pretty stiff in the morning, I'm only 28 but have been stiff for a few years. That makes me think deep down that the anxiety is just making it worse. Especially since it's too much of a coincidence to have flared up at the same time my anxiety has. All that I tell myself but at the moment I can't stop thinking about... you guessed it... MS.

I started taking Citalopram on Monday which has sorted me out in the past so hopefully it's just a matter of time before I start to feel alright again.

at86
22-02-15, 12:03
Anyone been through this?

googlequeen
23-02-15, 13:13
Hi there
I am sending you heaps of positive energy.
I know what it feels like to have strange symptoms.
Mine have been different to yours, but at times I do have a heavy feeling.
Hope you get the the root of your symptoms soon xxxx

at86
23-02-15, 13:44
Thanks Googlequeen! I've dealt with anxiety in my mind before but it's difficult when you're anxious about physical symptoms as you can't as easily ignore them!
Last night was pretty terrible, kept waking up in a panic with muscle pain and felt really sick. I'm hoping the fact that the stiffness is so widespread that it's just the anxiety but it's difficult to get those thoughts to the forefront.
Lots of positivity back to you! x