PDA

View Full Version : Morning anxiety

bloodynora
22-02-15, 15:56
Hey all, I find that my anxiety is really really BAD in the morning because I usually wake up shaking and feeling like it's the end of the world. It doesn't help that I have heaps of work to do (I'm in university) and I hate how I'm pretty much useless and can't get started on anything because my body's in "panic mode" for the entire morning. I take ages to "get myself together".

Currently on lorzaepam (on prn) to take the edge away and fluoxetine for my depression.

Does anyone know how to deal with this? :/

Oosh
24-02-15, 15:56
Give yourself happy stuff to remember as soon as you wake up.

Happy stuff = good stuff going on that leaves you feeling you are going in the right direction and things are ok.

Wake up to an exercise routine to music you like. A cup of tea boosts my dopamine levels quick and my mood picks up.

Don't wake up and think of anxiety. Give yourself a new question or answer to wake up to.

If you wake up and ask where you are and what's going on give yourself happy progressive things to remember about the day ahead and the people in it, reasons for optimism and excitement.

Or wake up and ask yourself what you can do today to take yourself in the direction you want to go. Stick a happy tune on and do some exercise !