PDA

View Full Version : Taking Propanolol

kelly12
22-02-15, 19:48
Hi Guys,

Today I woke up and my body was shaking and trembling inside and I could feel the build up of anxiety coming and the Lightheadedness so I went and Took a Propanolol after about an hour the shaking feeling stopped now i feel rough and drained but I dont want a repeat tonight as im on a nightshift...When should I take another tablet its been 3 hrs since I took the last one. Im on 40mg 3 times a day but i only take them as and when i need one.:scared15:

julie050666
22-02-15, 21:00
Hi I take propanalol three times a day and I take them every 8 hours so I personally wouldn't take another one just yet!

karenp
25-08-15, 07:37
I'm the same Kelly, I wake up feeling shaky and so anxious but I am going through benzo WD at the mo so that's not helping. I'm on the 40mg Prop too but though I've not had any proper panic attacks, I still feel quite anxious and start to feel better as the day goes by. I also feel quite sick but only been on Prop a week tomorrow.

karenp
26-08-15, 16:46
I don't know how good this meds is as I was severely anxious again this morning and was wide awake at 3.30am panicky. Unless I would have a lot more severe wd from Lorazepam/Diazepam if I wasn't taking it. I've not had a proper panic attack fingers crossed, I don't. But I am clock watching for next tablet I feel so rough.

23tana
26-08-15, 17:41
I take 3 a day with my meals. I wouldn't take any without at least a 6 hour gap.

natalie yog
26-08-15, 17:50
I take propranolol 40 mg three times a day. I usually take them at 8am 2pm 8pm.

ricardo
26-08-15, 17:55
I don't believe propanolol is meant to be taken when needed but as stated above, three times a day.

As you know it is a dual purpose drug for blood pressure and anxiety,so if you tend to have low BP be advised to talk to your doctor.

dally
26-08-15, 23:59
I take propanalol 10~20mg as required. As per my doctors instructions.
I am not anxious 24\7. But comes in waves. I can sometimes have days without any panic or anxiety.
So I don't need it regularly..
I do take it if I feel anxiety building, or if I know I have to go somewhere. And i Do feel it helps. And can sometimes stop anxiety turning into a panic attack.

My gp says 40 mg is the effective dose 3 times per day., but people can be on double that dose per day!
It depends on the person, how bad their condition etc etc

For me propanalol works within 1 hour and lasts for about 5 hours.
GPS prescribe it every 8 hours.
So I would stick to that.

karenp
27-08-15, 06:42
I took my last one at 5pm last night and then some antihistamines to sleep last night as I find if I take Prop too late, I am up all night but the only prob is I then wake up full of anxiety. Took my pill at 5am-ish but still feel pretty wired at the moment though no physical symptoms just tiredness and nervousness but it is wearing off gradually now I am up and my mind is occupied, tv is on.