PDA

View Full Version : :( Help!!

halfwayhome
16-01-07, 00:00
So, I haven't been at school in awhile.. we had five weeks off for winter break and then I missed last week because I was sick..
And now I'm going tomorrow.. and I can't stop freaking out and having panic attacks about it. I don't know why, this is my second semester, the classes are all the same.. my anxiety was better before this. But, the thought of school tomorrow is so petrifying, I don't know what to do.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

clickaway
16-01-07, 00:09
It is always worse *thinking* about things. When they actually happen, they're usually OK.

Now, before you go to bed tonight, immerse yourself in something like a book or a film. Even better if you have a creative hobby!

But the main thing is to *distract* yourself so you do not keep on dwelling on this.

And take a book up with you at bedtime.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

mfmycm
16-01-07, 00:10
Hi

I have found that the anticipation is far worse than the actual event. So just know that it will be easier when you go back to school. You will be in a safe environment. I have found that key to controlling anxiety attacks is to focus on my breathing. Take a deep long breath through your nose and exhale slowly through your mouth - about 5 seconds each. Most of us are so wrapped up in our own issues - and yes every single person has an issue - that we often do not notice what others are battling. So just try to relax - I know easier said than done - and take one day at a time. Focus on today and let tomorrow take care of itself.

Take care of yourself.

MM

eeyorelover
16-01-07, 03:47
Believe me hun I know what you are going thru but you will be fine!!!
Just remember to breath and keep your mind busy and time will fly by.
Sending ((BIG HUGS)) and positive thoughts your way!!!!
xxx
Sandy

groovygranny
16-01-07, 20:25
Don't know if it's today where you are, or even tomorrow already [:P] (granny never could get her mind around international time zones!) But, anyway......

When I get anxious about an up and coming event (and it is hard not to think about it!) I try and sort of 'extend' my mind to a time after the impending event, when it will all be over. Although it doesn't take all the anxiety away I find it certainly helps to relieve it a bit. And don't I feel proud of me when I look back at it !!

Hope this is helpful, I'm sure you'll be ok:)!

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'