PDA

View Full Version : Good evening, world.

lostlone
22-02-15, 21:35
Well, i'm not sure if i'm in the right place but I can only try. I know I need help and I know I'm not getting the help I need but I don't know how to get it.

I'm not sure exactly where on the forum to post my issues so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

So hello. I'm a 26 year old male suffering from pretty bad (and treatment resistant) depression and anxiety. I lost a close family member last year which made the anxiety side of things a lot worse and subsequently lost my partner who meant everything to me.

I have spent the last few months having breakdowns and anxiety/panic attacks and being put on various SSRIs and feeling like the doctors/psychiatrists aren't helping me. I'm going to stop there as I should probably be posting this in a dedicated forum.

venusbluejeans
22-02-15, 21:41
Hiya lostlone and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

lostlone
23-02-15, 12:31
Thank you, I hope so too. If anyone knows what subforum I should be posting in specifically that would be great too.

SADnomore
23-02-15, 20:26
Depression from panic/anxiety. This is the closest subforum I've found for "depression". You could read the different threads and start one of your own as well. There are lots of tips on dealing with trialing medications and a bit on how they work, which for me helped a lot. Also, CBT therapy for anxiety, which a lot of people find helpful.

Good luck, and :welcome: