PDA

View Full Version : Please, please help me: Scared my mum has cancer :(

Toby2000
23-02-15, 11:33
Hi,

So I've made 2 or 3 posts about this before and have had some really great replies. But my doctors appointment has been pushed forward to Friday. For anyone who doesn't know, I'm actually convinced that my mum has lung cancer because she smokes and has had a tickly cough for weeks and weeks now. She's also had weight loss and a bit of tiredness, not fatigue. She blames the weight loss on stress (to be fair, she is very stressed at the moment, VERY stressed) and the tiredness on getting up early each morning, being stressed, cleaning the house and going to bed late. She also had back pain a week ago, which she blamed on muscle tension from being stressed. She has the responsibility of being a single mother looking after 3 children, making time for her boyfriend, cleaning, providing a roof over our head, insomnia and worrying about me and my anxieties. She describes the cough as tickly, like she has to clear her throat a often. It doesn't sound chesty, but sometimes it can be a little. I know it's weird to ask her this, but I asked her what colour her phlegm was and she said it was clear, and her cough hardly produces any, saying that she produces the normal amount.

I have spoken to my mum about this quite a few times. I've told her that I'm worried, but she insists that she has has a cough because of a cold or something, but I strongly doubt that. I think that she probably has an irritated throat from smoking, but I really don't know. Being a hypochondriac, I worry about health a lot. Including my mums. So I'm scared that she has lung cancer. I keep trying to tell myself that she hasn't, but I can't help but imagining her being scared and dying from the horrible disease that is cancer. I couldn't bear that, I'd probably kill myself. I just need help and reassurance while I wait for my doctors appointment on Friday, because I have an anchor like feeling in the pit of my stomach and I have tears just waiting behind my eyes.

HELP PLEASE. It's not fair, I don't want her to die. I'm constantly crying now and I just feel like I want to die:weep:

Thanks,

Toby.

Toby2000
23-02-15, 15:44
Please help? :unsure:

MaxieP
23-02-15, 17:38
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about this awful situation you are in, this sounds very familiar to me, and I know how worrying this must be for you. I can't offer you advice or tell you what to do, but please accept this reply as a token of support.
This is a very sensitive issue which must not be belittled in any way, but see what the doctor says first, we sometimes think the worst will happen when it could be something completely different. Keep strong, my thoughts are with you.