PDA

View Full Version : Eye socket pain and burning/muscle spasms

snowflake293
23-02-15, 13:33
Hi guys

Really worrying about my left eye L I noticed it was a bit watery/sore for a few days and thought it was just conjunctivitis. Got some drops and the soreness is better but I am getting pain in the eye socket and muscle spasms.

Had spasms before but not as much as this and never had pain in the eye socket before. Can also feel slight burning sensation.

Determined not to Google cause I know it will just panic me. Also feel too scared to see the Dr and also a bit silly at the same time cause I keep doing this L

In a really weird place... on one hand I feel my HA is getting better but on the other hand I feel like there is a new symptom every day!

Freaking out cause I have ear/nose problems on the same side. Worried I have a tumour and it’s pressing on a nerve or something L

Trying to do the ‘right thing’ and not panic. Not seen the CBT person in ages cause I was ill, really need to get back on track with it all.

Stuck between feeling ‘fearful’ of having cancer and feeling fed up of HA!

Libra
23-02-15, 15:47
I have what you mention with sinus pressure. Its my left eye too.

snowflake293
23-02-15, 16:20
The pain feels like I have been poked in the eye, it is really bothering me.

I am really worrying about talking to the doctor about it. Too scared to even Google! Worried about what the results would be.

Hate feeling like this cause all it does is make me want to drink and forget it, and that just makes my HA worse as I worry about increased risk of cancer from drinking(!)

Has anyone had any similar eye problems?

xx

pulisa
23-02-15, 21:46
Might be best to get back to your CBT, snowflake?

snowflake293
23-02-15, 23:02
Might be best to get back to your CBT, snowflake?

I rang the CBT person today but she wasn't in the office, hopefully she will call back tomorrow and I can see her next week.

I am very aware I need more CBT but in the meantime it helps me to post about my symptoms and worries. Sometimes just typing or writing things down helps, especially when I know other people are going through the same thing.

My eye symptoms have eased a bit this evening and I feel more relaxed. I didn't end up having a drink at all tonight so feeling pretty happy about that.