PDA

View Full Version : My story

Talisman
16-01-07, 00:50
Hello everyone, I hope you are all well!
I've been suffering from panic attacks for about half a year now. They came on all of a sudden, and I thought I was going mad or having a heart attack, until I realised what they were. It doesn't help people saying it's all in your mind and to pull yourself together! I went to the doctor's and was put on beta blockers, which helped considerably. So much so in fact that the panic and anxiety seemed to disappear altogether, so I mistakeably stopped taking the beta blockers, and they came back with avengance. It's even more difficult the second time round, since there's the disappointment. When I first heard about agoraphobia and panic attacks, I thought the people who suffer from then should just pull themselves together, but you really don't have a clue until it happens to you! I, like many others, am afraid to go anywhere by myself, but I find it helps to set myself small tasks, like going on a short bus journey to meet someone, or go in a shop by myself. I hope you've all found your own successful ways of coping!

manmoor
16-01-07, 08:07
Hi Talisman,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

ceecee
16-01-07, 09:14
hi
welcome to the forum
take care
rach x

honeybee3939
16-01-07, 20:14
Hi Talisman

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way:D

Take a look at the first step pages you may find them of interest

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Lindalou64
16-01-07, 22:15
WELCOME TALISMAN.
YES IT VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND IF ONE HASNT BEEN THRU IT THEMSELVES...I WISH YA THE BEST........LINDA[8D]

kittykat
17-01-07, 15:26
Hi there,

Welcome to the site.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

Ma Larkin
17-01-07, 16:44
Hi & welcome to NMP. It sounds like you aren't ready to come off medication yet. Have a word with your GP to see if there is something a bit more long-term, which you can take. I don't know anything about beta blockers, was prescribed them when I had post-natal depression 10 years ago, but not had them since. I have had other medication, such as Prozac, which stopped my panic attacks completely. I'm med-free at the moment, still have the odd anxious feeling, but have been really great apart from the odd glitch!!

Hope you manage to sort it out.

Les, xx

nomorepanic
17-01-07, 17:58
Hi Talisman

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel