PDA

View Full Version : Struggling after my Dad's death

hanj16
23-02-15, 21:22
Hi,

My Dad suddenly passed away last Monday and I am struggling to come to terms with what has happened. He was found in bed, they said he looked peaceful but he had a heart attack. I can't stop thinking about how he must have woken up in pain and however briefly must have been scared and alone and not known what to do. We had a sometimes difficult relationship but I loved him. I can't believe that this happened. Things will almost feel normal and then it will hit me that he's gone forever and it overwhelms me so much that I just don't know how to cope. I know people deal with death in many ways but does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to cope better?

Thanks
Hannah

Carnation
24-02-15, 02:18
Sorry to hear that Hannah. The most important thing that you can do so soon, is to take great care of yourself. It's a terrible shock and it will take time to get your head around it all. People cope in different ways. Some like to look through old photos, but you may find that too upsetting. Walking is very good for clearing your head and gathering your thoughts. Sometimes a Memory box is a good thing to make up and a comfort for when you need it. Plant a Rose in his Memory, write a poem, but whatever anyone suggests, you will think of something along the way. :hugs: