PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Worrybobs
24-02-15, 09:35
Hi, I'm 42 years old, married with 2 lovely kids and have been suffering from anxiety for the last 2 and a bit years. After realising I couldn't get through this on my own I finally went to the doctor about it in January and she prescribed me citalopram. I took one 10mg tablet and after the side effects I suffered I have vowed never to take any antidepressants ever again! I have got my first telephone assessment for talk therapy on 18th March, can't come soon enough.
My big issue is health anxiety, mainly about my heart. My dad died of a heart attack 3 and a half years ago and me and my family were with him in the hospital when he actually passed. For the first year after his death I kept myself busy helping my elderly mother sort stuff out. We moved her from a 3 bed house to a 1 bed flat, plus I fell pregnant and had a baby. Once I stopped for maternity leave it was as if my mind & body went into overdrive and I haven't been able to switch off from it since. I have good days & weeks and I think I'm finally getting somewhere then out of the blue it flares up again :weep: I discussed my physical symptoms with my doctor and she had valid reasons for the all (even the stabbing pains I sometimes get in my chest and above my left breast) and didn't even suggest any tests. But of course as soon as I get the pains in my chest the anxiety builds again and I read to much into every symptom and am convinced I'm having a heart attack and I'm going to leave my kids without a mum. I'm hoping this forum with give me some reassurances x

venusbluejeans
24-02-15, 09:42
Hiya Worrybobs and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

hanshan
24-02-15, 10:01
Hi Worrybobs,

If you are 42 and healthy, there is not much chance of you having a heart attack anytime soon. Your kids will be grown up and gone long before it even becomes a possibility.

Worrybobs
24-02-15, 18:04
Thank you Hanshan