PDA

View Full Version : venlafaxine and appetite

jcd_gad
24-02-15, 23:41
Hi,

Anyone else develop a huge appetite on this stuff.... I also get yawning fits... Anyone else the same???

nicola1980
25-02-15, 00:29
I've not noticed my appetite has changed since taking ven but the yawning could be a side effects they can make some people drowsy, do you take you dose in the morning or night time? If it's morning you could try switching to night time to help with the yawning. What dose of ven are you on? XX

richrocks
25-02-15, 22:06
oddly, my appetite has dropped dramatically but I am in my first month. Maybe it will then go the other way!

However, it's been a relief. I was on Fluoxetine before, and I was eating everything in sight!

Is Ven known as a weight gainer like some other AD's does anyone know?

nicola1980
26-02-15, 01:53
Ven isn't supposed to be a weight gainer as it's a stimulating AD but with all AD's there's a risk you may put weight on XX

richrocks
27-02-15, 21:19
Nicola1980, is that why GP my described it more a s get up and go AD rather than a sedating one? He said when it kicks in you will be wanting to get out there and get stuck in to life.

Is that also what you mean you say a stimulating one?

nicola1980
27-02-15, 21:52
Yes it sounds like that was what he was trying to explain to you, how are you getting on with it? X

richrocks
27-02-15, 22:42
Hi Nicola

I have just started week 4. two weeks on 75 and then the last 2 weeks on 150.

I have felt a little calmer but I am nowhere near yet. Next Friday I go back to my GP. I am tempted to ask for an increase.

No SSRI's worked for me and so I really want to give this type a chance.

I accept its early days.... :-)

nicola1980
28-02-15, 01:43
Hi rich, venlafaxine works as an SSRI until you go over 150mg then it turns into an SNRI, i take 187.5mg to get the SRNI effect and this dose works for me, you can get 37.5mg tablets in slow release so it might be worth asking your doc for a slight increase but give it a couple more weeks X

richrocks
28-02-15, 19:38
Hi Nicola 1980 thanks so much for responding.

I guess that explains why i haven't reaped any benefits just yet as SSRI's don't seem to work for me, which my GP knows and is why he placed me on Effexor. I am sure he has a plan to up my dose. Hopefully that will happen on Friday.

I wonder if he will suggest a 37.5 increase or whether he will go higher! Time will tell and I will keep you posted!

Have a great weekend! :-) x

nicola1980
28-02-15, 19:50
Hi rich, i didn't really respond until I went over 150mg, let me know how you get on XX

jcd_gad
01-03-15, 01:41
Thanks for the replies - I found mirtezepene made me put on loads of weight.

This one isn't too bad, but I suddenly get memory lapses, or light tonight I can't sleep (doesn't help I have cold/flu)