PDA

View Full Version : Sternum lump, worried about bone cancer.

Strovbe
25-02-15, 06:43
I've got a hard lump on my sternum, where the sternal angle is. I don't know how long it's been there or if it has grown. Sometimes, while laying backwards, I'll get a pain there, though it doesn't hurt when I lay down. I'm terrified it could be bone cancer or lymphoma or something serious. :( Does anyone else have this?

Strovbe
25-02-15, 18:20
No one, I guess. :(

ant12
25-02-15, 18:26
Does the lump move around under your fingers or is it solid in one place?

Dazza123
25-02-15, 18:43
I have the same hard lump which at times swells up and absolutely kills, I have to rub ibuprofen gel into it and take paracetamol, I also had it checked by my doctor and she said its just one of those things, some people have a prominent lump and others don't. Also weight loss will make lumps and bumps in the body more prominent.

Strovbe
25-02-15, 18:54
I have the same hard lump which at times swells up and absolutely kills, I have to rub ibuprofen gel into it and take paracetamol, I also had it checked by my doctor and she said its just one of those things, some people have a prominent lump and others don't. Also weight loss will make lumps and bumps in the body more prominent.

Oh really? Thank god. Upper breastbone right?

Does the lump move around under your fingers or is it solid in one place?

Solid.

Dazza123
25-02-15, 18:58
Yes, its quite a lumpy area really so positive its nothing to worry about :)

Herman
25-02-15, 19:41
Do not Google it under any circumstances, as it will only make things worse.

I'm sure that it's just a standard body lump, as Dazza123 said.

Do you also have a doctor you can visit to put your mind at rest?

Strovbe
25-02-15, 19:44
Do not Google it under any circumstances, as it will only make things worse.

I'm sure that it's just a standard body lump, as Dazza123 said.

Do you also have a doctor you can visit to put your mind at rest?

Yess but I can't afford an appointment right now. I shpuldve known not to Google after the leukemia fears.

Ange1
25-02-15, 23:31
I also have a fibrous lump on my sternum and my hubbie who has an injury treatment clinic says it's from too much slumping and hunching over. My anxiety has contributed to it with all the high chest breathing which affects the diaphragm muscles. He explained how it all links and it sounds like you probably have the same. Breathing into the stomach and stretching the chest out and shoulders back all help. X

Strovbe
26-02-15, 01:13
Well as someone with very bad posture that makes tons of sense. Thank you! :)