PDA

View Full Version : Hi hi.

Crona
25-02-15, 09:11
Hello everyone! Just a little intro of me. I am a 23 year old college student who was diagnosed at 15 with depression and anxiety. I took medicine for it all through high school but I stopped soon after graduating. I did well until about 19-20 I started having anxiety attacks every night and new fears that drove me crazy. I was then diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and specific phobia. On and off I have been through therapy and have not taken any medicines because of fear, but the cognitive therapy worked when I was doing it. I have periods of good days followed by the bad. A lot of days I'm to preoccupied with school to even notice the anxiety until it wakes me up in the middle of the night or I had a relaxing moment only to be side swiped by a new symptom. Every couple of weeks is something new and I'll find my self (like tonight) googling symptoms at 3:30 am... Many times I have come across this forum but finally made the decision to make a profile... I'm very glad I did and I can't wait to share my experiences in hopes of helping others and hopefully find others struggling with the same issues I have to relieve my own anxiety.

I think for me one of the big turning points in dealing with anxiety and panic attacks is when I finally accepted my disorder as something that will always be there, last year. While although I'll still be fixiated on new symptoms, I am able to distinguish more now than ever when I'm experiencing anxiety instead of a serious issue.

venusbluejeans
25-02-15, 09:18
Hiya Crona and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Crona
25-02-15, 09:23
Oh ok cool, thanks!!