PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what happens at your first urologist appointment?

jarmummy123
25-02-15, 16:10
Will they do any tests?
Will they be able to tell me if they think its serious/not serious?

My GP said she is only referring me for reassurance, and says she doesn't think I have anything serious.

Thanks

springishere
25-02-15, 23:11
Hi there,

I'm in the U.S. but I can't imagine it's much different in the UK. I had my first urologist appt a month or so ago. The nurse took my blood pressure and asked me to give a urine sample. When the doctor came in, he asked me to describe my symptoms, when they started, etc. Then they asked me to take off everything from the waist down. He and the nurse came back and did a physical exam - basically make sure everything looks ok and they press around a little on your bladder but nothing hurt or was uncomfortable. I go back tomorrow for a cystoscope (scope looking into the bladder) tomorrow although they don't think anything serious is happening.

It was funny because when I made the appt for the scope, the lady who did it told me that it was not a big deal, takes only a few minutes, and then said "now don't you go googling!" So I haven't even though I've wanted to. :)

Hope this helps,
Spring