PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to suffer from 3 anxiety disorders at once?

Ronan23
26-02-15, 07:56
I am really ****I am really ****ed up and don't think I'll be able to find a therapist who is proficient at treating all 3 of my disorders. I didn't think it was possible to even suffer from 3 different anxiety disorders at once.
Here I'll list each disorder I think I have and the assosciated symptoms I experience:

Health/death anxiety *Constantly jumping to worst case assumptions when I have symptoms - e.g headache is aneurysm, fasiculations are motor neurone disease *Constantly googling symptoms and convincing myself I have serious illnesses *Frequent visits to emergency rooms *Fearing sudden death

Social anxiety *Blushing when someone calls my name in work *Getting an adrenaline rush when seeing someone I know in the street and avoiding them * Blushing when talking to figures of authority like a manager in work * Feeling horribly awkward and self-conscious in a group social setting * Avoiding being the centre of attention - eg skipping presentation aspects of college modules

OCD * sensorimotor ocd, obsessively focusing on breathing - manual breathing. automatic bodily processes become conscious * intrusive thoughts that my heart will stop beating if I keep thinking about it stopping * constantly seeking reassurance on internet forums about things in my life
Aswell as these classic symptoms I have others that i'm not sure what disorder they are.
constantly comparing myself to other people my age - social life, career, number of friends etc etc
being completely paralysed when trying to make decisions. Find it very difficult to go one way because im obsessively wondering if its right for me. Always looking for the perfect time to make a decision
The weird thing is I don't even feel depressed. Just angry and frustrated that I have all of these symptoms. sometimes there are definitely times when I feel down about symptoms but what I really want to do is overcome all of this. But it seems insurmountable. sorry for the long post but I guess i'm wondering is there any hope to beat all 3 ailments?

Mrsmitchell1984
26-02-15, 08:01
Hi Ronan,

I have had all of these at one time plus depression and GAD, and still had times when I have felt great after taking meds/therapy- so there is definitely hope.

Xx