PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety is through the roof......

darkdaysgem
26-02-15, 15:07
Im completly new here and I need your help. Ive had a very difficult 8 months I nearly lost my dad and I couldnt cope ended up being off work for nearly 6 months and I still dont feel like im over it. I thought I felt better I came back to work at the beginning of the year. After being single for nearly 3 years I finally met someone 7 weeks ago who I felt I wanted to be with at around the same time as coming back to work took me completly by surprise. Things started off amazing and seemed very intense quickly which took me by surprise but already im seeing changes in him and its only been 7 weeks its as if the 'honey moon period' is already over and im really stressing out about it all.

I've told him how I feel and he thinks that nothing is wrong. Weve gone from speaking on the phone every night to seeing each other most nights to now barely speaking and i havent seen him in a week. I used to get loved up messages every day, come into work with soppy emails waiting for me and its already stopped I dont get that now I just get normal 'hows your day going' messages. But he feels nothing has changed and its just makeing me feel like an emotional wreck im now constantly on at him sayinmg things are not right and whats changed so soon but he says im overthinking and things are the same. Please help me because right now I feel far from normal and very stressed out I dont want to keep going on at him but im not happy at the same time.

Annie0904
26-02-15, 15:12
Hi Welcome to NMP, I am sorry you are going through such a hard time at the moment.
As for your relationship, if he thinks things are ok the way they are and you don't then maybe it is better to split as it sounds like this is causing you more anxiety. Have time just for yourself to concentrate on getting well again. Spend time with close friends who you know will be a support to you.
Have you had any counselling to help you to deal with your anxiety? :hugs::hugs:

darkdaysgem
26-02-15, 15:20
Thank you for your quick reply. Its took me so long to meet someone I actually want to be with that I dont want to walk away so quickly even though im well aware its adding to my anxiety. I went to cbt sessions 3 years ago when I was in a horrible relationship but unfortunatly stopped my sessions when my ex parter got physically abusive as I couldnt deal with it at the time im back on the waiting list now to go back.

Annie0904
26-02-15, 15:23
I can understand you wanting to be with someone but not with someone who increases your anxiety.

darkdaysgem
26-02-15, 17:58
But is it my head?? I feel he's changed already but he feels he hasn't am u over analysing everything x

Annie0904
26-02-15, 18:23
If you are not getting messages from him very often and not seeing each other very much then no it is not all in your head. I would expect more than that from him.