PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex Dose

karl
02-09-04, 22:16
Im currently on Cirpalex 10mg aday been on it for 9 days now, i was wondering if i increased upto 20mg a day which i could be doing after i go back to the doctors, does it mean it will kick in quicker or is 10mg as effective as 20mg?

Thanks.

nomorepanic
02-09-04, 22:56
Karl

I would be very wary of self-diagnosing with anti-depressants.

It is up to the doc to increase so please don't just go and do it ok.

I am on blood pressure meds and wouldn't dare increase them without a docs knowledge. It could be too high a dose for you so please be careful!

Nicola

seh1980
02-09-04, 23:22
hi Karl,

If you have only been on Cipralex for 9 days then you shouldn't even be thinking about increasing your dosage!! Give it a chance to have an effect first!!

Sarah :D

blossom
02-09-04, 23:29
Hi Karl, I am on Cipralex, 10mgs and the doctor told me that they were equivalent to 40mgs of Cipramil, I rang the makers, and they took an isomer out of the original Cipramil, as the patent for those had finished, and they brought ipralex on the market. You can read it up on the net from Blossom
they do take time to get into your system, I have been on them 5 months, prior to that I was on 20 Cipramil.

twister
03-09-04, 14:39
Karl, 10mg is the standard dose for panic and anxiety on Cipralex, 20mg is for more severe depressive states.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad