PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Newcomer

honki25
16-01-07, 12:43
Hi all,

I'm Lesley, aged 27 from the UK. It's my first time on this website so be gentle with me - feeling very fragile today. Never used a forum before and feel a bit embarrassed talking to people I don't know about my problems. No offence, just I usually dealing with my problems on my own. Half my trouble! But things have gotten so outta hand recently, I need some advice from people who know what I'm going through.

I was diagnosed with GAD a few months back following various traumatic events in my life getting on top of me. I never talked about them! Big mistake! I've started seeing a counsellor to talk through these issues but as I'm not seeing her a while I need someone neutral to talk to now!

I made a BIG decision to split with my boyfriend of 2 years yesterday. I walked out on him! With everything he's put me through, I know it's the right things but my anxiety is getting the better of me.

Is there anyone out there who can listen to me?

I'd be really grateful if you would - my thoughts are driving me insane.

If so, where do I go and what do I do? - New to all this!!!

Lesley

manmoor
16-01-07, 12:46
Hi Lesley,

A big warm welcome to you. You've made the right decision joining this site as everyone here is very supportive and will help you all they can as they are a great bunch.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

clickaway
16-01-07, 12:56
Hello Lesley,

I am glad you have found us, and we are all here for each other.

You are bound to feel fragile after this break up. Remember that time is a healer.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

honki25
16-01-07, 13:09
Thank you for your replies!!! :D

My spirits have been lifted a bit now that I know there ARE people I can talk to. I just got a little lonely and my thoughts took over but after your comments it's given me the boost I need to get on with things, chin up and stop dwelling on things. Life's too short, right?

Thanks again for your support - I'll be back again in the near future, promise - Nice to meet you all - TAKE CARE X X X

Lesley

yorkylover
16-01-07, 13:30
Hi Lesley and welcome.You are not alone and there is lots of support here for you.Lots of people are in similar situations so we know how you feel.
take care

Ellen XX

ceecee
16-01-07, 13:34
hi lesley
welcome to the forum
i,m sorry that you are having a hard time at the moment but you will get lots of support here
take care
rach x

chucklehound
16-01-07, 14:58
Hi and welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

tommythomson
16-01-07, 16:13
Hi Lesley

There is no need for embarrassment, everybody needs help at some time or another. Everybody on this site seems very supportive and will listen and offer as much support as they can.

Take care

T

honeybee3939
16-01-07, 18:50
Hi Lesley,

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.

Take a look at the first step pages you may find them of interest.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

fisher
16-01-07, 18:52
hi its great you joined this site, i joined last year and i have found it brilliant, you know you are not alone, you will get through it i promise, i suffered really bad anxiety 4yrs ago and went through a bad relationship and panicky me got through it even without medication, so there is hope, no panic really seen me through especially there support group over the phone and i joined there telephone recovery group brilliant it was, if you need anymore advice just email me at buttonsj@3mail.com x

trac67
16-01-07, 19:03
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

hogwarts
16-01-07, 19:10
Hello my name is Gareth i am new to this forum can you give me some pointers on how to get going.

I have had GAD for two years now.

Gareth[:P]

Lindalou64
16-01-07, 22:19
HI HONKI,
SOMETIMES ITS HARD TO MAKE DECISONS THAT OUR BEST FOR US EVEN THO AT THE TIME IT DONT FEEL LIKE IT ...I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF SUPPORT HERE.......BEST TO YA.........LINDA[8D]

jo61
17-01-07, 10:51
Hi, everyone here is in the same boat in one way or another so don't feel embarassed and we will be gentle with you!! You'll get lots of support and friendship here.

Love Jo xx

kittykat
17-01-07, 15:32
Hi there,

Sorry to hear your not too good at the moment, but you'll find a lot of support here , everyone is great, a huge welcome to you.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

nomorepanic
17-01-07, 18:01
Hi Lesley

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Forgotten_sunrise
18-01-07, 08:11
Surely there's someone you can talk too.Damn,you made your decission,your anxiety may make your life worst,but you should feel proud of yourself you've succesfully let this thing with your bf go.I'm still trying.

Welcome!:D