PDA

View Full Version : Not my first post but...

springishere
26-02-15, 17:20
...I figured that I should introduce myself. My name is Spring and I live in Pennsylvania in the US. I stumbled across this forum on a google search and am so glad I did! It's really nice to find a positive site for once.

I have had anxiety and panic attacks since I was about 11, but I was 29 before I figured out exactly what was happening. They have always been manageable in the past, but since my divorce from an emotionally abusive husband (who also had severe mental and emotional problems), I've found myself in an anxiety loop that I can't seem to get out of. My anxiety tended not to be obvious when I was married to him because my brain was too busy with his issues, but now that I am happily re-married and life is calm, my brain seems to want to freak out and fixate on health issues. The anxiety now consists of a lot of physical symptoms with a little ptsd thrown in from the abuse. Fun!

After getting checked out by the doctor, I started going to a therapist and saw a psychiatrist who started me on prozac. I am about four weeks in and still experiencing some side effects but it seems to be helping so I'm optimistic about it. I am really looking forward to getting back to my normal, energetic self. I've already gotten a lot out of the site (thanks so much to whoever wrote the MS post!) and know it will help in my recovery.

Thanks!

Spring

venusbluejeans
26-02-15, 17:25
Hiya springishere and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

springishere
27-02-15, 17:51
Thanks for the welcome! :D

BikerMatt
27-02-15, 18:02
Welcome to the forum :)

springishere
27-02-15, 22:45
Thanks Matt!