PDA

View Full Version : Lung cancer

Toby2000
26-02-15, 19:01
So I have been worried about my mum for a while now, thinking she had lung cancer. If you want to see more about that, take a look at my previous posts.

My mum went to the doctors today and told him that I was worried. She said she had a "tickly cough" and that I was concerned about it, so he listened to her chest. He then said it sounded fine. But my mum didn't tell him about how long she's had the cough, about her hoarseness etc.

Do I still need to worry even though it sounded okay?

Thanks
Toby

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Anyone.. anything?

Steve1964
26-02-15, 19:47
Hey Toby. My mum has pneumonia. She has Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Her lungs are basically shot to pieces after years of smoking and working in a smoke filled environment.

Believe me, the doctor would be able to tell lung disease very easily. It is one of the easiest things to diagnose. I am very confident you have nothing to worry about.

Toby2000
26-02-15, 20:01
Hey Toby. My mum has pneumonia. She has Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Her lungs are basically shot to pieces after years of smoking and working in a smoke filled environment.

Believe me, the doctor would be able to tell lung disease very easily. It is one of the easiest things to diagnose. I am very confident you have nothing to worry about.

Thank you SO much! This has reassured me massively! :D:hugs: