PDA

View Full Version : dizzy, freaking out, please help

henri
16-01-07, 12:46
hi everyone,

i have been constantly dizzy for the last two days - as this has always been my main anxiety symptom, i usually try not to let it bother me. but because i have missed two of my pills this month (microgynon) and yesterday should have been my last day, I'm worrying that may be contributing to my nausea. not sure whether or not to take the last two pills or not.
Anyway, i am sitting it out at work, but i'm really freaking out inside and just counting down the minutes until 6 o'clock.
please can someone reassure me - it feels like my dizzyness is getting worse and worse and i don't know what to do
thanks,

henri x

ceecee
16-01-07, 13:32
hi henri
do you mean contraception pill?have you been more worried than usual?i know how horrible this dizzyness is,and its a shame that you don,t finish work until 6.
hope i,m not being too nosey but could it be that time of the month as i always feel worse before and during
take care
rach x
or have you had a cold or anything recently as this sometimes makes you dizzy!

seeker
16-01-07, 13:33
Is micrgynon a contraceptive pill? Wouldn't have thought missing it would make you nauseous/dizzy, but don't know. i think it's more likely you are shallow breathing constantly, and making yourself dizzy. Have you tried the deep breating techniques? i'd give them a go if I were you, or go for a run and see if that helps. If it is vertigo - ie the room is spinning, or you have fallen over, it may be an inner ear infection, whcih will clear in about two - three weeks.

yorkylover
16-01-07, 13:34
Sorry to hear your feeling so bad pet.Im not sure what your pills are for.Try and relax,hard I know. sounds like the dizziness is anxiety.im sure you will be ok.The more you wind your self up the worse it will probably feel.Try and keep busy until 6.00.:);)

Ellen XX

eeyorelover
16-01-07, 16:11
What do I do if I miss a pill?

You should try and take your pill at the same time every day to help you remember to take it. If you forget to take a pill, you should take it as soon as you remember (even if that means taking two pills in one day) and then continue to take your pills, one every day, as normal.

With Microgynon, if you have missed ONE or TWO pills, you will still be protected against pregnancy and you don't need to use extra contraception. Take the last pill you missed as soon as you remember, then continue taking your pills, one every day, as normal.

If you forget to take THREE or more pills, you won't be protected against pregnancy. You should take the last pill you missed as soon as you remember, forget the other missed ones and then continue to take your pills, one every day, as normal. You should then either not have sex, or use an extra barrier method of contraception, eg condoms, until you have taken a pill correctly for next seven days in a row.

If the pills you missed were in the third week of your packet, you should skip the pill-free week and start a new packet straight away.

If the pills you missed were in the first week of your packet and you had unprotected sex in that week, or in the pill-free week before, it may be recommended that you take emergency contraception (the morning after pill). Ask for medical advice.

If you are confused about any of this, you can get individual advice for your circumstances from your doctor, pharmacist, local family planning clinic, or by calling the fpa helpline on 0845 310 1334.

I copied this from http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100001653.html

Hope it helps :)

Piglet
16-01-07, 16:59
Henri hun,

I doubt missing the pills is contributing to the dizziness so I don't think I would be connecting the two.

We all know dizziness is one of the classic anxiety signs and I've had it often enough to know how unpleasent it is and indeed it can last for weeks at a time with me - the important thing is that it does go!!

The only other thing I always check with me is my ears, specially if I've had a cold as know this can sometimes be linked with balance.

Try not to be scared mate - it only feeds it!!!

Big hugs

Piglet :D

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

henri
17-01-07, 00:05
thanks for the replies everyone - sorry my post was so vague! just reread it and realised it's like the ramblings of a mad woman, lol.
went home shortly after posting - worked out it's just anxiety and am trying to use all my old tools to get me over this bad patch.
thank you so much for your reassurance, i appreciate it x

ceecee
17-01-07, 11:10
well done henri for positive thinking!
take care hope you feel better mow
rach x

alexis
18-01-07, 00:12
Hi Henri, just to say hi, even tho I dont have any wonderful advice, zxxxxxx

Alexis
xx