PDA

View Full Version : How to stop this "morning scan" of symptoms?

BoneyCOrk
27-02-15, 02:46
As I go through my day, I do a semi-decent job of managing my health anxiety, but I feel it all starts in the morning where I wake up in bed and immediately start analyzing myself.

It's the first thought that enters my mind. I often feel sleepy all day, regardless of how many hours I get and start worrying about "I had 8 hours sleep last night, but I'm still tired, it must be cancer!" and then it just expands from there. Before I'm even out of bed I'm worrying about stuff, and then when I'm getting for work I'll be checking for lumps, worrying about my appetite for breakfast, wanting to check my weight etc.

I'm the first person to wake up in the family due to work and usually have to be pretty quiet around the house, so I'm often stuck with my thoughts.

Does anybody else have this problem? Any ways to help break out of this habit and start the day on a more positive note?

leebop
27-02-15, 12:32
I do that. I actually always have a shower in dim lighting so i cant see.

Pixy73
11-03-15, 14:39
I do that too. It's horrible. I have no advise, just empathy. I try to get up and get busy right away. The quicker I get distracted the better.