PDA

View Full Version : When I am nervous heat waves inside my body

star68
27-02-15, 10:32
Hello everyone

I would like to ask if any of you have experienced heat waves inside your body when stressed up or nervous? When I am having an argument or disagreement (I don't shout or get agitated I discuss things in a calm way) and I am feeling frustrated I get like heat waves coming within my body, and that worries me, I have been getting them for over a year, I am 47 years old, not gone through the menopause and they don't feel like a hot flash, because they feel different.
Hot flashes come out of the blue and they are a rush of heat that comes suddenly without any reason. Mine only happened when I am upset and frustrated.

TIA :)

Stagestruck
27-02-15, 13:17
I think that stress and anxiety manifests itself in all sorts of strange ways. When I get upset or anxious the sides of my head burn behind my ears, to the point of I feel as though something is crushing both sides inwards. Sometimes my face burns as well and I go red. It was really scary the first few times it happened but I've learned to recognise it as one of my anxiety symptoms and let it pass.

star68
27-02-15, 14:11
Thanks for your reply, it's quite distressing when it happens because we all get nervous and frustrated now and again and to feel like that every time I want to
express myself makes me feel more anxious but I will try not to get scared and let it pass like you said. With this condition you always have something to learn when a new symptom appears, accept it and carry on :wink:

flutterbuy
27-02-15, 14:38
iv experienced something very similar, when I had the huge panic attack that started my health anxiety around 4 years ago I felt a burning sensation sweep through me it started at the tope of my had and went right the way down my body, I had it a few times after too xx

mnaha
25-03-16, 09:54
I think that stress and anxiety manifests itself in all sorts of strange ways. When I get upset or anxious the sides of my head burn behind my ears, to the point of I feel as though something is crushing both sides inwards. Sometimes my face burns as well and I go red. It was really scary the first few times it happened but I've learned to recognise it as one of my anxiety symptoms and let it pass.

I had this happen tonight. It was so freaky and I was on the verge of panic attack but did not get there. Thank goodness.. I hate ANXIETY ..