PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor fears

JMchugh
27-02-15, 14:54
Hi

I've been waking up with headaches and nausea the past few day I am unable to eat. The headaches feel like pressure and there at the top of my head but sometimes the side. I've got tonsilitis and wisdom teeth but I'm so scared it's a brain tumor! I feel like I have to remind myself who I am and who people are. My thoughts seem weird like they will come out of nowhere. I've come off my meds (3months) so maybe that's it! I'm just so terrified any one else out there that can relate?

Always-Worried
27-02-15, 16:39
When I had a broken tooth I had headaches every single day so it's my guess it's all linked to your teeth.

My dentist had tried to save my tooth by filling it but in the end I got her to take it out and as soon as it went the pain did too.

Have you seen your dentist about your teeth?

JMchugh
27-02-15, 17:05
Yes he sai they are impacted so they will be easily infected. I'm just more paranoid about my head really

Toby2000
28-02-15, 16:30
Hi,

Do your headaches go away with painkillers? From what I've heard, brain tumor headaches don't go away with medication.

*IF YOU DO TRY AND TAKE A PAIN KILLER AND YOUR HEADACHES DON'T GO AWAY, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MEAN YOU HAVE A TUMOR. COULD EASILY BE STRESS MAKING THE ACHES UP LIKE IT USUALLY DOES*

Could be coming off the meds and this is just your body's way of reacting to the change.

I'd stop worrying and give it a few days, because I bet you the symptoms will go once you stop becoming conscious of them, like they did with me.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!!

Good luck
Toby

JMchugh
28-02-15, 17:32
Hi Toby,

Yes they do go away with painkillers sometimes I think if I focus on then that's what makes them worse! I feel a lot better recently as I think all my symptoms are due to this bad dose of tonsilitis I have. Thanks you for your advice :)

PaulieC
01-03-15, 02:42
http://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/brain-tumours/diagnosing/how-cancers-are-diagnosed/signs-and-symptoms

I had the same worries. Watched this video last night and feel much, much better.