PDA

View Full Version : Bruisey pain in one breast?

Always-Worried
27-02-15, 16:35
So I'm back to worrying about breast C again (it's exhausting)!!

About a week ago I had a few shooting pains in my right breast.

I started to obsess and the pain then became more constant - it feels sore and as though it's bruised on the right outer area.

I've examined the area for anything out of the ordinary nearly everyday and so I'm sure that is not helping matters.

I resisted Dr Google until today, the first few websites made matters worse and then I found this on the NHS website:

Many women worry that breast pain may be a sign of a serious condition. However, breast pain by itself is not a symptom of breast cancer, and breast pain does not increase your risk of developing breast cancer.

Is that true? How come other websites say pain can be C?

I'm driving myself mad. My GP increased my meds about 10 days ago but it's not helping much as yet.

one day at a time
27-02-15, 17:04
Breast pain could be hormone related . I had a few symptoms last year (aching/burning) above and side of my left Breast , I was referred to the breast clinic to be checked . I had a mammo and ultra sound and given the all clear , only a few little cysts were seen which are harmless and can come and go . Breast tissue changes a lot over the years .

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Always-Worried
28-02-15, 12:22
Thanks for your reply - could it be hormones even though I have a Mirena coil and so don't have periods?

Ange1
28-02-15, 14:02
You definitely get breast pain with the Mirena coil that releases progesterone. I had one for many years and had various aches and pains in my breasts especially the first 2 or 3 years x