PDA

View Full Version : eye floaters

duke27
28-02-15, 08:55
Does anyone else get floating things in their vision like everywhere you look? Mainly In bright light. Sometimes there long and stringy and sometimes like dark shadows. Sometimes they whiz around my vision. I'm so worried as I'm only 20. Does anyone else have this?

Taffy
28-02-15, 10:36
Yeah I have them and have done for years. I've had them checked by the optition who said they are completely normal. The more you are aware of them the worse they seem. Pop along and get them checked if your concerned but I'm positive it's nothing to worry about.

DaisyP
28-02-15, 21:41
I have them too! Had my eyes checked out about 100 times this year and all fine. I mentioned them to the optometrist & I'm being referred to the opthomolgist to get it checked out but when I got the referral from my Dr she said she isn't xomcerned in the slightest but has to refer me.
I've had them years and when I say years I mean years, I remember looking in the sky when I was about 5 and asking my dad why I could see 'bubbles' - I'm now 30!!

RedXIII
28-02-15, 23:16
I have one that was driving me crazy. I went to an ophthalmologist for an unrelated issue and when I mentioned it he took a second look and said he couldn't even find it... That was with the dialated drops and light... It kept bothering me... until I stopped worrying about brain tumors and moved on to leukemia. Now I only notice it when I look at the snow.

Stagestruck
01-03-15, 02:27
Yep, like you say, stringy things. Don't notice them normally, unless I'm looking straight at a white wall or ceiling, then they're all over the place.

xvolatileheart
08-03-15, 20:59
I've had them for about 3 years but they are REALLY bothering me recently. Some of them are long, stringy and shadowy, and the others are bright little dots that are so annoying when I read. Last time I went to the eye doctor he said he couldn't see anything, but I'm worried again now.

Serenity1990
08-03-15, 22:35
Yeah, they're really common and completely harmless.