PDA

View Full Version : New member, just saying hello

Breathetalkeat
28-02-15, 14:38
Hi everyone,

Just joined today but I've been reading threads for a while as they've come up in my anxious google searches over the months and years! They always tend to be the most reassuring finds...

So... A bit about me; I have diagnoses for GAD, OCD, BDD, health anxiety, perfectionism (not as helpful as it sounds, eh?!), and social anxiety although mainly just in quite specific circumstances, but it can spill over when I'm really winding myself up! Despite all the labels and acronyms, I am now - a couple of years into therapy (which was prompted by a particularly stressful time which triggered a huge bout of BDD and finally confessing all these thoughts to family and friends and seeking help) - really starting to see how they're all just different forms of the same thing, and that's probably low self-esteem... A weird thought for me, I never would have thought it about myself, but starting to see how, looking back, I have always been that way.

Sometimes I feel okay, or even pretty good. Sometimes it's all just a bit much. I see a therapist but I choose not to take medication - we'll see on that, I'm not against them but I've decided they're not for me so far.
I'm lucky and I have some amazing people around me and I'm so thankful for them... I guess I'm joining here because it all seems so friendly and helpful, I'd love to be part of that - my family and friends are so understanding and good to me, but it would also be nice to give them a break from my anxieties and maybe talk to people to feel the same way sometimes. Like a lot of us, I spend a lot of time trying to think myself into a more positive frame of mind or view, and if I can sometimes share some of that and even help, it would be great.

Thanks for reading!

venusbluejeans
28-02-15, 14:43
Hiya Breathetalkeat and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
28-02-15, 16:39
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.