PDA

View Full Version : Oral cancer???

Strovbe
28-02-15, 21:06
Just found a oval shaped white patch on my lower right gums. Its not raised or anything but i have been having gum pain recently so naturally i'm starting to freak out about oral cancer. No one in my family has ever had it and my mom and uncle have both been smoking for years, i started smoking a year or two ago and am now convinced that i have it. Anyone had something like this before? Im freaking out.

Fishmanpa
28-02-15, 21:39
With all due respect, to continue to post about this fear and also continue a habit which is known to cause what you fear the most just doesn't make sense.

The best way to prevent it from happening in the future is to quit and the best way to insure a future without this fear is to treat the real illness.

Positive thoughts

Strovbe
28-02-15, 22:01
With all due respect, to continue to post about this fear and also continue a habit which is known to cause what you fear the most just doesn't make sense.

The best way to prevent it from happening in the future is to quit and the best way to insure a future without this fear is to treat the real illness.

Positive thoughts

I am going to quit asap. You had oral cancer, right? Does this sound like it?

Fishmanpa
28-02-15, 22:06
I am going to quit asap. You had oral cancer, right? Does this sound like it?

Not even remotely.

Positive thoughts

Strovbe
28-02-15, 22:13
Not even remotely.

Positive thoughts

Thank you. I'm going to quit for good after this pack. Maybe take up vaping and lower the nicotine levels till I can completely void my nicotine addiction.

Fishmanpa
28-02-15, 22:31
I went to the e-cig ironically the same time I noticed something amiss along with a sinus infection. I had weaned myself off nicotine by the time I was diagnosed and that was that.

While the jury is still out on vaping and you're still getting nicotine, you can wean yourself off the nicotine. It's certainly better than the 4000 chemicals found in tobacco smoke.

Positive thoughts

Strovbe
28-02-15, 22:47
I went to the e-cig ironically the same time I noticed something amiss along with a sinus infection. I had weaned myself off nicotine by the time I was diagnosed and that was that.

While the jury is still out on vaping and you're still getting nicotine, you can wean yourself off the nicotine. It's certainly better than the 4000 chemicals found in tobacco smoke.

Positive thoughts

Well the cigarettes i do smoke claim to have no additives, just tobacco, but even then i know the carbon monoxide is dangerous. But youre right, while vaping might still be dangerous it cant be AS bad as cigarettes