PDA

View Full Version : On-and-off Panic Attacks and Nausea for a few Days

TylerT
01-03-15, 08:46
Hi. I'm not sure where else to go about this. I've been having panic attacks on-and-off for a few days now. They flared up on the morning of the 25th, a bit after some recurring pain in my left shoulder/arm flared back up. I thought it was a one-time thing, but two days later it came back again, after I started worrying about the arm pain again, coupled with a slightly upset stomach. I eventually started shaking all over, which came and went a few times.

The anxiety left after a few hours, but when I ate shortly afterwards, I started feeling extremely nauseous. It went away after sleeping, but the next time I ate, it came right back, and I noticed I had a really decreased appetite. Also, it might just be from the anxiety, but I also noticed that when chewing a larger mouthful of food, it's briefly felt like I'm having trouble breathing, something which certainly hasn't helped things.

Anxiety flared up again, but not as long this time. The same happened again a few hours ago, but even before I ate anything, I felt nauseous, and started shaking all over from anxiety again. The nausea's gone now, but my anxiety came back an hour or two ago, and still hasn't let up.

I should mention that throughout this whole thing, my arm pain's also been coming and going. Because of that, the nausea, and the anxiety all at once, I keep fearing this is a sign of something worse than just anxiety and arm pain. And even if it isn't, I worry that worrying over it all is just going to keep causing it to come back.

So yeah. I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I've looked for helplines in my area, but there doesn't seem to be an active one around here. I don't have a specific doctor or healthplan which would help. I don't know where else to go about this.