PDA

View Full Version : dizzyness?

LilysMummy
01-03-15, 12:53
Hello, so since yesterday ive had this feeling like i cant hear properly like everything is really far away and its making me feel dizzy, the out of hours doctors said my ears where blocked and ive been using olive oil i still feel the same as yesterday and now the dizzyness is making me anxious! has anybody else had blocked ears with anxiety, what did you do to help? thanks.

izzybizzy
01-03-15, 14:04
Yes yes and yes, I had blocked ears as a child and ringing, my ears were flushed and it got better for a long time, then when I was 19 I got a bad sinus infection, which now seems to come back every winter, this winter it was accompanied by dizzy spells, they made me so anxious, I thought I was seriously ill, they've just recently gone, but if I get anxious sometimes I will experience the symptoms again, so I know how you feel, but just realise it's your inner ear which affects your balance, and that if the doctor said it was your ears being blocked then there is the connection and it's not more sinister than that.

Does anything help relieve it like lying down or distracting yourself, I found relaxing and not turning my head to quick etc helped x

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

The problem with anxiety is once you've learnt symptoms it's so easy for you to reproduce them if you know what I mean or worsen them.

For example when I drank alcohol once the next day I got a headache and freaked out it was probably due to dehydration now anytime I have a couple of drinks I worry about getting the headache and guess what I get it, and the more I worry the worse I get, I know it's not as easy as me saying don't worry cos I panic just as much as anyone else with this, just hope my words provide a little comfort x