PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive thought

Avasmummy_x
01-03-15, 14:30
My main and pretty much only intrusive thought is when I'm high up I have a massive urge to jump which sets me in to panic and makes me extremely uncomfortable. Ive avoided places like this for months as I dontvwanna feel that awful feeling but my therapist says I need to start trying to expose myself to it

So my mum booked cinema and omg it was a vip tier looking over the edge. Needless to say this was hell but ingot through it trying my hardest to ignore the urge.

Ive been so proud since that ive done it despite almost leaving as it got too much up until 10 mins ago. I was sat on my sofa and I imagined myself back there and had the same horrible thought and urge despite not being there.

But whats worried me is. Ive then thought well if I just jumped I'd have so much relief! And my god ive just had a massive panic attack over it as now I'm paranoid im not in control and im suicidle !! Has anyone had this thought process? I scared I'll never get over this heights thing :(

Audi
11-03-15, 15:27
hi. i got this too.... i have been suffering this since i was 10 years old... i m going to 29 this year.. almost 20 years man.... i hate this feeling.... just tell urself its urges and intrusive thought.... focus on others things and u will be fine... i overcome it... but now bad thing is i suffer from other all sort of intrusive thought. my anxiety level is higher than the past... probably due to meth abuse in the past.... i hope i could recover soon as i had a loving wife and a very cute son.