PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety became worse

David55
01-03-15, 15:14
Hi all, I have Aspergers syndrome and I've lived with social anxiety to some degree for my whole life, yet I have noticed that in the last 5 years and especially the last 2 years that I've became increasingly apologetic and insular. I'd often hesitate to say things on the off-chance that it'll cause some offence, misunderstanding or generally showing controversy in any way; yet a few years ago I'd actually enjoy getting into spirited debates.

I've had trust issues in the past, and in the past 5 years or so it feels like I've lost the passions, hobbies etc of what I used to be like in university.

I've been getting back into old music and hobbies, regaining my confidence wherever that went.

Thanks for any help.

David

David55
01-03-15, 18:59
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. My Aspergers can effect me in other ways, good and bad. It can be confusing in a way as it can make me uncomfortable with social interaction yet I also enjoy talking on forums like this and meeting some people IRL. Sometimes it feels like I want to be alone but not lonely- so like I said, confusing.