PDA

View Full Version : Big Hello

bellamay
16-01-07, 17:39
Just wanted to say a big hello to everyone out there, i suffer from anxiety & panic attacks, well actually i suffer from social phobia, yes i have finally found out my problem. After hypnotherapy & years of denial, pretending i am the most confident person ever, i have finally faced the fact. I think i have had a social phobia since childhood, nothing major that triggered if of as such, but heh here i am now. Im now on paroxetine, the first medication ive taken for it. I kind of dealt with social phobia by getting out of social or work events & meetings as much as i could, made excuses etc. all through out my working career Ive been through feeling sick in a morning before work, to the point where i think i'm going to die or pass out, just because i have to attend a training session at work, and may have to introduce myself to a big group of people! Or not knowing when i might have to attend training or a meeting yet still worrying myself sick about it even though its not happened yet! Ive been a mess. BUT paroxetine fingers crossed seems to be working, i dont seem to worry as much and i'm hoping this is the answer, i still feel frightened at times but it seems to be calming me, sometimes a bit too much though, anyway just thought i'd send this message to anyone who feels just like me and nice to know i'm not alone. Or if anyone has any other medication they might suggest, because the doctor told me paroxetine has to be taken for up to a year.

Keep smiling everyone! Oh and Happy New Year too, even though its a bit late x:)

chucklehound
16-01-07, 17:48
Welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Lindalou64
16-01-07, 18:33
WELCOME IM GLAD ITS WORKIN FOR YA.........BEST TO YA.......LINDA[8D]

clickaway
16-01-07, 18:39
Welcome!

Well done on the Paroxetine, but it is also important to tackle the underlying causes.

Have a chat with your GP about a course of CBT now. This is a therapy that can change the way you think so you can handle life more easily without these 'interruptions'

Take Care

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

honeybee3939
16-01-07, 18:47
Hi Bella,

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.

Take a look at the first step pages you may find them of interest.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

trac67
16-01-07, 19:07
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

manmoor
16-01-07, 21:23
Hi Bellamay,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

kittykat
17-01-07, 15:26
Hi Bella,

Welcome to the site, nice to see you here, you'll find it helps a lot.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

nomorepanic
17-01-07, 18:05
Hi there

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel