PDA

View Full Version : I hit my head and bled. Am I gonna be okay?! [picture attached]

RetailMoth
02-03-15, 06:02
Today at work I hit my head when I was getting out of a crouch. I work at a register and I hit my head on the edge of the plastic things that hold the bags, just on my hairline. A few moments later I noticed I was bleeding.
I got it cleaned (panicking when I noticed a tiny bit of skin had been torn off) and put a bandaid over it. At the time (roughly 1:30 pm) I felt fine, just shaken up and scared, but I wasn't woozy or dizzy and my memory was fine. I stumbled over my words a little but I was panicking and nearly hyperventilating so my bosses and I attributed it to that. And my speech DID improve and go back to normal over the course of the day.

But I look at the wound now (9 pm) and it's still red and slightly bloody, and it still stings if I apply pressure to the area. I'm having a minor headache now that just sprang up. Normally I'd think it was moving too fast or because of caffeine but with this head injury...

I'm honestly still scared. Am I gonna be okay? Do I need a doctor, am I gonna go into a coma if I sleep tonight?

Strovbe
02-03-15, 06:29
Certainly doesnt look that bad at all. Looks like it was caused by a scrape rather than severe trauma. Youll be fine. Youd have to hit your head REAL hard to have a concussion that would cause you to slip into a coma. I fell on my head REALLY hard skateboarding a few years ago and even then I was fine. :)

mnaha
02-03-15, 07:00
I have done so much worse so many times and been fine. I think just make sure you put antibiotic cream or ointment on it and it will be ok.. no worries really you will be just fine..