PDA

View Full Version : stray dog licked me and now I'm scared of rabies

Ronan23
02-03-15, 13:28
So a stray dog just randomly licked my leg in Thailand and I'm wondering should I get an injection for this? I washed the area within 5 minutes with 2 alcohol wipes but what concerns me is that I have a mosquito bite right at the area where the dog licked. It is a fresh mosquito bite as in it was bleeding a small bit when I rubbed against it with the alcohol wipes. What should I do? I suffer health anxiety so I dunno if I'm being overly dramatic.

AsianFidgetME
02-03-15, 13:39
Hi there. We have the same worry. Ever since when I was in highschool, I had a fear about dogs. Whenever I met one in the street, I usually cover my mouth with my hancky thinking that dog's tick or saliva will got into me. LOL.

You're fine for as long as there's no wound on it where the dog licks. :)

Ronan23
02-03-15, 13:42
Does a mosquito bite count as a wound? It wasn't an open wound or bleeding when the dog licked me but after rubbing the bite with the alcohol wipe it bled a little. Everybody is telling me not to worry but my anxiety is telling me I need post exposure treatment

AsianFidgetME
06-03-15, 12:57
For as long as there's no open wound. Like deep wound. Mosquito bites doesn't have an open, unless if you scratch it so hard that will break your skin. :)

emlea10
02-09-22, 02:32
Was everything okay without doing any hospital trips?