PDA

View Full Version : Set Back

Lady21
02-03-15, 22:03
Ok

So 2 years ago I had stress from work and my relationship.
To the point that I could'nt cope at work, my relationship ended, I then had to sell my flat and look for a house of my own, sign over a house to my ex as I hated that house, whilst still living with my ex. 3 months past then when I finally found a house to buy but by then my body and mind went into melt down and I had a break down. Doctor put me on anti-depressants and I moved in with my dad for a few months whilst I did some work on my new house before I could move in, it was a terrible state. I was off work for 1 month and work supported me fully.

Since then I have been getting better ... so much so that my doctor agreed that I could try to slowly come off the anti-depressants, plus the fact that I kept sweating during the night but apart from that I was feeling much better.

For some reason I forgot to take some tablets, not sure how many I missed, not like me to forget, but I did. So of course my body and mind freaked out and I ended up ill again. I started taking the tablets again, as soon as I remembered. Started to feel better then all of a sudden I crashed physically .... dizzy, light headed, nauseous, tired, weak. Ended up off work for 3 days. 5 days have passed and I am feeling better but still not 100%.

So annoyed with myself for this set back

Don't know whether this is now because I missed some tablets and my body taking time to get back to normal or is it because I was not ready to come off them yet.

23tana
03-03-15, 10:08
Either way, your body wasn't prepared for a complete stoppage of the tablets. You're back on them and are recovering. I'd let the doc know what happened next time you see him so any planned reduction can be very slow.

You've done brilliantly overcoming so much. Well done on all you have achieved!

MrAndy
03-03-15, 10:23
Hi Lady
I would say it depends on how many tablets you forgot to take, maybe its a combination of not taking the meds and normal anxiety.
It sounds like youve had a very hard time recently ,well done for getting through your setbacks.

one day at a time
03-03-15, 12:11
Try not beat yourself up , the journey to managing anxiety is a long one and never smooth sailing , you are going to have relapses but the main thing is you recognise it and turn it around .

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Look how far you've come and not how far you have left to go :)

Lady21
07-03-15, 09:27
Thank you for taking the time to read my post and thank you for your comments.
I am taking my tablets full time again and starting to feel normal again, not nice feeling vulnerable.

Kettle is on :)

Michelle xxx