PDA

View Full Version : Do You Feel Your Pulse In Your Back And Legs And Feet?

mnaha
03-03-15, 00:27
Last evening , I started feeling my pulse in my lower back down my legs and in my feet.

My heart felt like it was beating steady and normal but I could feel it all over my body all night.I also felt nauseated most of the night.

My ears have been ringing with my pulse for about five days off and on..This is all unnerving and I just wondered if anyone else felt this way. Please help.

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Anybody? Please?

MyNameIsTerry
03-03-15, 04:23
Hi,

Yes, definately and whilst its something I may 'notice' from time to time thesedays, back in my most anxious days, when I had relapsed and struggled going onto medication again, it was something I could notice quite easily.

I can remember lying in bed finding it hard to go to sleep because I could hear it in my head. This was because of the way I was lying on my side and my ear would be pressing into the pillow.

There are pulses all over the body and I think they may be more noticeable if you have exerted yourself with the blood pumping faster.

I think a lot of this is the hyper awareness that comes with anxiety. Part of the fight or flight response is to heighten senses useful to a fear situation. So, you become more aware of things and this is a real problem for those with anxiety disorders because its just going to make you either notice more physical sensations or find any current ones appearing stronger.

I know I've had loads of sensations that feel like my blood moving through certain areas. Sometimes these are normal sensations that we mistake and other times, its an awareness thing. We probably had a lot of this before our anxiety disorders but payed no attention to it, which is also true for other areas of anxiety disorders such as the intrusive thoughts seen in OCD.

mnaha
03-03-15, 23:48
Terry,
Once again your kindness has really been a blessing for me. I know that what im experiencing is probably just because I notice it. This has happened to me off and on for a few years and now that I think about it, there does seem to be a pattern around times when im most anxious ,I suppose. Thank you again for reminding me of that. Also thanks for trying to help.