PDA

View Full Version : Hello, just joined, a bit about myself ....

ladybird
16-01-07, 21:38
Hi, I have had chronic anxiety episodes for most of my life. In the past few years this has now developed into health anxiety, although I think I was always going to be a candidate for that, as my father was.

The fact is I am phobic about cancer. Every little thing I have could be cancer to me. My latest episode (now) is throat cancer. The times I have been seen by a hospital consultant about cancer you would not believe and it never is. But I remain convinced that this time it is!

However, now I wont go to the doctor. I am now far too frightened to know the truth and I just dont want to know. I am even prepared to die rather than be told I have cancer. However, if I was diagnosed I think I would want to be put to sleep like you would a dog.

My additional worry is that if you constantly think you have cancer, does your body agree with you and like produce it for you. The mind and body are inextricably linked. Believe me!

honeybee3939
16-01-07, 21:56
Hi Ladybird

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.

Take a look at the first step pages they may be of interest to you also.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

ladybird
16-01-07, 22:03
Many thanks for your warm welcome.

I am looking forward to interacting with everyone, and to learn from them, and also maybe offer some help to others with my experiences.

Thank you.

Lindalou64
16-01-07, 22:10
WELCOME LADYBIRD
IM SURE YA WILL FIND LOTS OF SUPPORT AND INFO,BEST TO YA.............LINDA[8D]

anxious
16-01-07, 22:18
Welcome Ladybird, i have health anxiety too and its mostly a cancer phobia. Im sure you'll find lots of help here,

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

clickaway
16-01-07, 22:50
Welcome aboard, Ladybird.

I don't think the thought of cancer can cause it!

Have you had any therapy for this - ask your GP for some.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

manmoor
17-01-07, 00:22
Hi Ladybird,

A big warm welcome to you. I too have health anxiety about cancer hun so know how it can make us feel. xxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

russ
17-01-07, 07:15
Hi ladybird,

I know exactly the problems you are having, going through much similar right now.

I'm sure you can beat this.

take care,

kittykat
17-01-07, 15:30
Hi Ladybird,

Welcome to the site, i have a phobia bout cancer as well and know how you feel, i was worried about throat cancer there as well, but this site does help.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

nomorepanic
17-01-07, 18:04
Hi Ladybird

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

No you can't get cancer from worrying / thinking about it

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

ladybird
17-01-07, 22:52
WOW! Thanks so much to all of you who have posted to welcome me. What a family! I like to think it is a kind of family.

To answer a question, I have never had any therapy at all. I have just lived with it.

Thanks so much for you kind welcome.

Ladybird