PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Big Brother Panic Attack

barbie
16-01-07, 22:01
Just seen Jo on BB having a panic attack. I really felt for her, she was obviously sweating and couldnt breathe.

So even "celebrities" get them too. We are normal after all!

"Smile Like You Mean It"

belle
16-01-07, 22:09
She did really well not wanting to break out of there. If i was her i would have been hammering down the frigging doors.

Sarah

Piglet
16-01-07, 22:10
Was just wondering if anyone would post about this.

Aww I really felt for her and it brought tears to my eyes - but I'm so pleased when panic attacks get some publicity as it helps the rest of us come out the closet so to speak.

Good on Jo for going in the Big Bro house :D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

anxious
16-01-07, 22:13
I really felt for her too and im pleased BB were so nice to her

anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

tam
16-01-07, 22:22
yes wow i couldnt believe it i went running in to hubby shouting jo is having a panic attack,he thought i was having one lol it just made me feel good knowing people like her suffer and made me feel better about it in a way.she coped really well.i am normal after all lol.

barbie
16-01-07, 22:33
If you think about when she was in S Club, and all the filming and touring they did, perhaps she was managing panic attacks all through that! Wow.

I'm not really liking her in the BB house but as I said I really felt for her, and bless her she coped really really well.

"Smile Like You Mean It"

henri
17-01-07, 00:08
oh my god, i missed it. what happened? did she have a panic attack in the house or in the diary room? did she talk about it with any of the housemates?
i can't believe she went in there if she's a panic sufferer - when people have those 'would you go into the BB house if you had a chance' conversations, i always think about how i could never go in there because it would only be a matter of time before i started hammering down the walls!
good on her, i say.
henri x

LickeyEndBlues
17-01-07, 10:21
Without detracting from her distress, which I didnt witness, her behaviour hasn't really helped her, particularly surrounding herself with negative bigotry. What goes around comes around!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

PanickyPolly
17-01-07, 12:25
I gotta say...hoe can anyone feel for her over this? panic attacks are distressing but they won't kill ya. What she did with her racist comments and distressing Shilpa is much worse. They called Jo in over a panic atack but didn't call Shippa in after she broke down and cried. She got what she deserved I say.

barbie
17-01-07, 13:59
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">oh my god, i missed it. what happened? did she have a panic attack in the house or in the diary room? did she talk about it with any of the housemates?
i can't believe she went in there if she's a panic sufferer - when people have those 'would you go into the BB house if you had a chance' conversations, i always think about how i could never go in there because it would only be a matter of time before i started hammering down the walls!
good on her, i say.
henri x

<div align="right">Originally posted by henri - 17 January 2007 : 00:08:14</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

She was in bed with Danielle and Jade drinking tea and suddenly started crying, she must have been sweating/burning up as Jade started fanning her. She said she had lasted well she thought she would have had a panic attack well before then.

"Smile Like You Mean It"

nomorepanic
17-01-07, 18:53
In that case then I expect most people on here get what they deserve too as we have all probably done something we regret or being racist and sexist at one point in our lives.

So if we do something wrong then we deserve a panic attack then??

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

normalwisdom
17-01-07, 18:56
I agree Nic, the whole point of this post....I think....was that "look" celebrities....even Z list:D have panics too. It doesn't matter what she has done in the past few days, no one deserves to feel like that. I think she did well at the time.

Steph

Melina
17-01-07, 19:07
I was amazed that she agreed to go onto BB being a sufferer of panic attacks! good for her, she seemed so open about saying she suffered from panic attacks - for me that is a fear in itself, actually admitting to anyone that I get them!

Melina

Lynnann
18-01-07, 05:22
Sorry Lickey,

"Without detracting from her distress, which I didnt witness, her behaviour hasn't really helped her, particularly surrounding herself with negative bigotry. What goes around comes around!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?"

Hate to say this but are you trying to say that everyone deserves what comes around. In that case what did I do as a child to deserve what came around to me? Are you saying I deserved this?

Guess whats so funny abut peace, love and understanding depends on your outook!

Lynnann

tam
18-01-07, 09:52
Without detracting from her distress, which I didnt witness, her behaviour hasn't really helped her, particularly surrounding herself with negative bigotry. What goes around comes around!!

Sorry lickey nobody deserves a panic attack.I just want to comment on something you wrote on the topic THATS IT "We dont always think clearly and sometimes get it wrong.When we get it all wrong we say things that perhaps are not best thought out."This is what you said,maybe thats how it was for jo,and she definatley didnt deserve a panic attack.

Normalwisdom: agree totally thats why i commented

LickeyEndBlues
18-01-07, 11:07
My comment was specific to one person and their involvement in behaviour that is shaping up into an international incident. An incident which is being taken as a sweeping generalisation for life in Britain today. I would certainly like to distance myself from that.

At no point did I use the word "deserve" but merely refected that it was possible that her subconcious triggered the PA through the involvement in the hostile baiting of another person. "What goes around comes around" has been hijacked as a sweeping generalisation, however not by me.

I seem to recall reading that Ian Huntly and Maxine Carr were suffering panic attacks and high anxiety. I'd be interested to read the threads supporting them in their distress.

Ammeg
18-01-07, 11:49
omg well i am shocked at ya lickey!!
Gem

barbie
18-01-07, 12:16
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I agree Nic, the whole point of this post....I think....was that "look" celebrities....even Z list:D have panics too. It doesn't matter what she has done in the past few days, no one deserves to feel like that. I think she did well at the time.

Steph

<div align="right">Originally posted by normalwisdom - 17 January 2007 : 18:56:42</div id="right">

Yup, that was why I posted the thread.

"Smile Like You Mean It"

nomorepanic
18-01-07, 18:57
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I seem to recall reading that Ian Huntly and Maxine Carr were suffering panic attacks and high anxiety. I'd be interested to read the threads supporting them in their distress.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Don't be silly - that is a completely different ball game and nowhere near the league of this. Has Jo killed anyone ?

Nicola

trac67
18-01-07, 19:00
Hmmm, me is thinking someone is posting on threads just to get a rise out of forum members.

Don't think I will try the empathy course at college not too sure it works !!!

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

Lynnann
18-01-07, 19:39
LOL Trace

Guess I will give that one a miss too!

“At no point did I use the word "deserve" but merely refected that it was possible that her subconcious triggered the PA through the involvement in the hostile baiting of another person. "What goes around comes around" has been hijacked as a sweeping generalisation, however not by me”.

So are you saying that it is our subconscious is triggering our panic attacks through hostile behaviour on our part?

“I seem to recall reading that Ian Huntly and Maxine Carr were suffering panic attacks and high anxiety. I'd be interested to read the threads supporting them in their distress.”

Now you seem to be reflecting that panic attack sufferers have tendencies towards child murders?

Guess you have to be careful how you word things!

More time spent at the empathy course might not be a bad idea Lickey

Lynnann

LickeyEndBlues
18-01-07, 22:47
I find the personal attacks shown to me when debate or discussion is prompted quite deplorable.

At no point have I singled anyone out whose views I have disagreed with or made personal comments about them as individuals.

The fact that it is felt necessary to comment personally says more about the person commenting than it does about me.

nomorepanic
18-01-07, 23:05
Iain

I think the point being made is that you post on any post that provokes a reponse and on very few others!

You want a response and you got one!

Nicola

LickeyEndBlues
19-01-07, 16:09
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Iain

I think the point being made is that you post on any post that provokes a reponse and on very few others!

You want a response and you got one!

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 18 January 2007 : 23:05:55</div id="right">

Interesting one that, 500 posts and posted to provoke a response!! Like I keep saying focus on the (perceived) negative and thats all you will see!!

Yes I have had a response and luckily for me I can see the positive ones as well. Those by far outweigh what is written here and elsewhere.

I am not alone in my thoughts on this and the other posts that have been closed or removed. Sadly the others don't feel able to comment for fear of vilification...as one has found out!!

Happy Days.

Iain

ladybird
19-01-07, 16:23
I think what lickey was saying is that if you do a rotten deed to someone you will get your just deserts at some time in your life and I totally agree with that. That is how it should be in my opinion. My partner and I have suffered a horrible and stressful 2006 directly related to a rotten deed and to be honest I hope that person gets the "what goes round comes round" treatment so that they go through the same stress that we have gone through over the past few months.

However, this does not mean that those who are good do not have horrible things. Indeed, a friend of mine has just died of cancer and she was only just turned 50! She was the sweetest of people and would not have hurt a fly.

I think describes what lickey meant.

love ladybird

nomorepanic
19-01-07, 19:38
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I am not alone in my thoughts on this and the other posts that have been closed or removed. Sadly the others don't feel able to comment for fear of vilification...as one has found out!!</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Iain we have had to remove or lock certain topics as I got so many complaints asking why they were allowed to continue or even be on the forum.

They also look bad for new members when all they see is ill feeling and arguements.

It is not always me that locks/removes them - it could be any one of the admins that does it.

I am sure you would agree that if we left some of the nasty posts on here it doesn't look very good for new sufferers. Some threads I let run their course and are then removed.

You may not notice but I even removed the post I did when I said I needed time out as I thought that looked bad too so it is not just other people's posts that are removed.

Anyone can say anything they like but then when I get PM's saying that they think the post should be removed I do listen and take action.

Sometimes we get it wrong - we are only human I am afraid.

Hope that clears it up.

Nicola