PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder pain when lifting arm

popejoan
03-03-15, 22:00
My left shoulder is giving me trouble these days. I have this pain almost everyday. It is worse when I lift my arm and in certain position. It clicks when I lift my arm as well. The pain travels to my hand sometimes and it scares me.

I know ALS is not about pain but still, I'm scared. I know ALS patients have muscle cramps but I don't know how a muscle cramp feel like. Does it sound like muscle cramps or spasticity?

Thanks in advance.

worrieseverywhere
03-03-15, 22:20
Hi :) funnily enough I had this last week! I went to the docs and they said it sounded like a rotator cuff injury ornpulled tendons, which was very strange as I couldn't think of anything I'd done. She gave me some strong anti inflammatory tablets and now it's completely fine, and I was sure it was something to do with my heart lungs or bones!! Xx

popejoan
03-03-15, 22:32
Oh it's good to hear that you're fine now. Did your shoulder also click when lifting it? I haven't had any bad injuries but I sleep funny and I kind of felt pain when lifting weight at the gym. I also did a lot of strength tests including opening door with fingers, doing push up on fingers. I know it sounds crazy but I've been having ALS fears. What tablets did she give you? Is it ibuprofen or aspirin or something stronger? Thank you for your message :)