PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh.. Jabs tomorrow!

Toby2000
04-03-15, 17:15
Hi,

So I'm in year 9 and I have my jabs coming up tomorrow.

The last time I had a jab I was like 4 and I don't remember it, or how it felt. I don't know what to expect and ahhhhhh I'm dreading it. :scared15:

People say "Oh it's just a pinch!" and things, but I know that it won't be. I know that it's a sharp needle being forced into your skin and it will feel worse than that!

I'm just gonna let my arm relax, look away and hopefully let them do it without a fuss. I'm praying I don't get all scared

Realistically, could anyone describe the experience of having a jab?

Thanks
Toby :)

MrH
04-03-15, 19:54
A short sharp scratch at worst. If it's something like tetanus you can get a bit of arm ache for a couple of days, but I've never had it worse than a bit irritating.

anthrokid
05-03-15, 06:59
I've had some that do sting a little when they go in and ache afterwards, and I've also had some that I literally did not even feel going in. It depends on the person who delivers the jab and the actual type of vaccination.

Good news is that it is nothing extreme or remarkable :) It will probably sting a little when the needle first goes in, and then you'll probably feel a bit of an ache as the vaccination stuff goes in. But it is nothing to make you cry or wince in agony. That's really all there is to the actual jab.

Toby2000
06-03-15, 18:11
Thanks everyone for your replies!

Turns out the injections were cancelled for another few months :yesyes: