PDA

View Full Version : 2mg diazepam and alcohol 12 hours later

Helencollins
04-03-15, 19:04
Hi all

I take 80mg slow release propranolol for anxiety and they help a little in day to day keeping heart rate low etc.

However I have a flight coming up and my panic was so bad last time i got off the aircraft before the doors closed.

However I flew again after that and was fine!

I really can't risk a big panic this time. So I am seriously considering taking 2mg of diazepam.

I wanted to ask if I take this at 9am for a 10am flight, is it okay to have a few glasses of wine at around 9pm that night?

The label states not to drink alcohol with them but this would be 12 hours later. Any advice would be great.

CeeCeeCee
04-03-15, 19:24
Hi, Helen, I always take a valium before flying as I hate it. I usually take half one the night before then one in the morning. I still usually have a glass or two of wine in the evening and I'm fine, if a little more tired than usual, that's just me though and I can't guarantee your reaction would be the same. Hope this helps.

Helencollins
04-03-15, 20:45
Thankyou, I'm sure it will be okay, my brother has taken his washed down with a pint of beer for flying before! I will be leaving at least a 12 hour gap and take it easy aswell.