PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, preying for light at the end of the tunnel :(

Jbase85
04-03-15, 19:09
Hello everyone, I'm known to my friends as Jay. I'm 29 years old and lead a normal lifestyle. Over the past 3-5 years Iv noticed my worry/ anxiety increase to the stage now where it at times is almost unbearable, especially at work. I have a brilliant job working for Audi, I have a loving family at home and I don't drink or take drugs. On a day to day basis I have a constant battle with my anxiety and by the end of the day I am emotionally exhausted. It frustrates me because I don't know why I feel the way I do
Throughout the day I have waves of emotion where I think all sorts of things like wether my work colleagues like me or if they talk about me behind my back.
Iv also realised that I find it difficult to walk normally because I am thinking too much about how I am walking which causes me to not walk properly?!
I also know that for some reason I stare and my eyes hurt and find it difficult to make normal eye contact as I just stare? It's very hard to explain what I mean but I know I stare because of how people stare back at me. I really hope other people can relate to this and hopefully understand what I mean.
I have been to my gp and I have been referred to do cbt and I am on a waiting list.
In the mean time I take kalm tablets but to be honest they don't seem to help and even sometimes make my social anxiety worse?
I feel like I'm stuck in a very dark hole and don't know where to turn as it is so frustrating living the way I do?
Sorry for the long introduction post, there is a lot more psychological problematic thoughts that go through my head I just want to live a normal life
I thought by maybe sharing my problems on here and talking to others may help me.
Thank you

venusbluejeans
04-03-15, 19:14
Hiya Jbase85 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Gee-SP
04-03-15, 19:16
Hi and Welcome. I'm new here too. Iv'e found relief in knowing that other people understand what we are going through. You are definitely not alone.:)

Jbase85
04-03-15, 19:21
That's good to hear (in a way) that other people feel the same. It's so hard to relay to other people exactly what goes in inside of my head which causes me to act/ feel the way I do, it's killing me mentally I just want to think and be normal!

Northantsgal78
06-03-15, 18:06
Hi there,
Your story sounds so much like mine, it's scary! I know I also over think every situation, from the way I hold my hands to the constant eye contact I give people. I've even started to watch people on TV as I've forgotten how to look at someone normally! You're not alone. I'm not sure if it will help, but I've staring taking st Johns wart tablets (the 425mg) which has made a little bit of a difference, might be worth a try?