PDA

View Full Version : Having a bad day ;-(

kelly12
05-03-15, 13:26
I had a panic attack on my way home yesterday it was a pretty bad one and made me feel rough for the rest of the day....I thought after an early night I would feel better but today I have been on edge since I got up. I have that Vibration in the body feeling when I got up which passed and now have that butterfly all over the body feeling and in my head and now I have that feeling of doom and feel like I'm struggling to get my breath its quite scary because I'm on my own too ;-(

blue moon
05-03-15, 14:04
Hi Kelly:D
Sorry you are feelin crap,try and get your breathing under control,when I feel like that I lie down or get myself comfortable on chair and breath in from my stomach for 5 seconds and slowly let īt out for 5 seconds keep doing this for as long as you can,ry to think of something that makes you smile!this helps me.
Petra :hugs:

SarahH
05-03-15, 14:14
Hi Kelly,

You could try running on the spot. I know that sounds weird but it sometimes works for me. Or try some" mindfulness". Sit in a chair and focus totally on your breathing in and out. As Blue moon says counting 5 seconds in then five out. Controlled stomach breathing.

sarah

mnaha
06-03-15, 03:11
Kelly you just described my usual day .. all the time ,all the time.. all the time.. comes and goes and back again.. try as hard as you can to focus on anything and everything else.. funny I have read by several sources on the internet to let the anxiety and feeling flow through you experience them all and do nothing and they will subside. I go to an internist who is also a psychiatrist and it seems most of the staff in the building is used to dealing with people like me full of anxiety..

I went to the doctor the other day freaking out and when I was leaving..I was telling one of the nurses I don't know why I get so nervous.. You all are nice and I feel secure here and she said.. remember what I told you back in November.. what to do when you have a panic attack.. and I said.. uh no. she said nothing.. just let it be and absorb the feelings and the fear and sooner or later the anxiety will know that anything it can throw you can't hurt you so it will cease to be.. I am not sure this works but I think im going to try and give it a try ..sounds logical to me.. good luck with you feeling better..