PDA

View Full Version : Omeprazole

eclecticguy
05-03-15, 14:34
I am an anxiety sufferer with asthma and have been prescribed omeprazole for my GORD / dyspepsia symptoms, i am however quite anxious about taking it due to the possible side affects, i had been taking gaviscon and got what i think was bronchospasm off that so now i'm worried about omeprazole, can anyone reassure me that i will have no problems with omeprazole....

MrAndy
05-03-15, 14:35
i took it for about a year for gerd ,it had zero side effects ,you will be fine

Fishmanpa
05-03-15, 14:38
My wife takes Omeprazole daily and I take Pantoprazole daily. The only side effect is no acid stomach! :D

Positive thoughts

Light_Bringer777
05-03-15, 15:47
Yeah took omeprazole too for about a year up to the max dose, no side-effects, and I even stopped cold-turkey and had no side-effects either.

one day at a time
05-03-15, 16:21
Do not Google because you will always find negative posts and horror stories with any medicine . I have been on omeprazole for 8 years to settle my stomach and slight indegestion, I have been fine on them

KayeS
05-03-15, 17:09
Been taking it for a week. No side effects whatsoever for me. I think it's pretty safe as far as medications go.

wnsos
07-03-15, 18:43
I got constipation from omeprazole, personally, but it's a rare side effect and it really helps people I've known with acid problems. Worth trying!