PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

ant12
05-03-15, 21:56
Not been eating allot can't stomach food at all and losing weight have lost almost 5kg in 2 weeks. Anyone advice will help.

Kaiex
05-03-15, 22:03
Maybe try eating plain foods, until you can get your appetite back like soups with bread. Might also be worth drinking things like full fat milkshake. Then you could couple milkshakes with small meals.

Or speaking of small meals, if your anxiety is what is causing you to struggle to eat then maybe try eating smaller meals throughout the day rather than 1-3 big meals as they can seem daunting to eat sometimes.

Frankie123
05-03-15, 22:04
Perhaps you could purchase some energy drinks which are easy to digest and contain all the nutrients you need.
Also you could try eating very tiny meals several times a day rather three big meals.

ant12
05-03-15, 22:19
Thank you :-) I have had some health anxiety, over the last 3 months had lots of different test done mri, Xray and ultrasound scans. I was diagnosed with h pylori that was over 2 weeks ago that I finished my antibiotics but still can't work out why I am loosing weight I am still taking omeprazole but just recently am worried that something is still wrong with me I have had a panic attack recently.

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Does anyone have aby idea how long before you get your appetite back ???

Kaiex
05-03-15, 23:02
Everyone is different really.

worriedallthetime35
06-03-15, 00:00
I had this problem last year, I was thin anyway and after a real panic about stomach cancer (which turned out to be acid reflux) my BMI went down from 18 to 16 in the space of a few weeks. My GP assured me it was due to anxiety that my appetite had disappeared and I was convinced it was something terminal. I found cuppa soups helped to get my taste buds going again and after a few days without thinking about it I was munching on a ham sandwich and then proper meals again. It's scary loosing weight and I got quite obsessed about it, was on the scales all the time. It's creeped back on now and I'm back to a reasonably healthy weight again.
Good luck :)

ant12
06-03-15, 01:56
I am still so worried and am making myself so ill.
Can anxiety really make you loose so much weight in a short space of time?

mnaha
06-03-15, 05:20
Yep... happen to me.. i quit eating and drinking and well the hospital was next.. you bet i don't stop eating or drinking again.. good luck to you

ant12
06-03-15, 06:38
Are eating ok now ?

---------- Post added at 06:02 ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 ----------

Was you off your food and how long for ?

---------- Post added at 06:38 ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 ----------

I am in a bad place at the moment have right shoulder stiffness dr have told me all test are clear. Can't get my appetite back what do I do. Feel like I am going to have a meltdown.

Light_Bringer777
06-03-15, 16:05
Is your weight currently an issue? I constantly find myself having no appetite in bad times and my weight comes down 5-15 pounds at a time. My worst was going from 160lb to just under 130 in 1-2 months. I end up getting better, putting weight back on and the cycle goes on.

What I mean is unless you are underweight (i.e. BMI < 18), I wouldn't sweat it too much. Eat what little you feel like eating. If it really is a concern for you, when I don't feel like eating I snack on nuts and frequently take shakes instead of meals. It's much more easy to mindlessly drink 600+ calories than it is to eat them when you don't feel like it.

*Edit: To answer another of your question, lack of appetite has me loosing about 5 to 10 pounds per weeks, so definitely possible.

ant12
06-03-15, 22:03
Thanks you for the advice :-)