PDA

View Full Version : Sick of being let down

Sue K with 5
17-01-07, 09:37
All my sodding life people have let me down, I always try so hard not to do this to other people, but today was just another example.

I am due to go for my second CBT apt today and I am supposed to have a CPN and a support worker. One of them agreed as my agorpahobia is so bad that for someone to come with me would be no problems, but last friday they never turned up no phone call nothing, I rescheduled the apt for today and have left three messages for both the CPN and Support worker and this morning I ring again to be told sorry cant come with you go alone.

I am trying so damn hard at the moment but where the hell is the support when you need it. I know somehow come hell or high water i have to go it alone but I am more scared of failing, getting so far turning back and not making these apts and they are so important I have waited 2 years and 3 months for CBT and just when I think there is light at the end of the tunnel, the damn system lets you down.

Thing is that i dont agree with what breaks you makes you stronger because there is only so many let downs any one person can deal with.

My partner who I still live with is being an absolute sod at the moment which does not help, seems to me the more i try to recover the more he knocks me down and when I told him my situation he laughed and said tough.

I am not looking for sympathy but i just want someone to explain why when your down these people seem to have a sodding radar on you and kick you even lower

sue

scknight

LickeyEndBlues
17-01-07, 09:55
Once was bad but twice in a row stinks.

Somewhere you must have letters from CPN etc, I suggest that you complain to the team leader about the support you are (not) getting. It will also be worth contacting your CBT therapist but he should recognise the issue as he has had two missed appointments!!

Try to regard it as a blip and focus your positive energy on sorting it from your end.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

trac67
17-01-07, 09:57
Sue,

As you know my CPN vanished into thin air, she was the same as yours always cancelling, she was off ill more than me and I am the one with the anxiety lol.

I gave up with mine now and decided to do it myself, at least I don't always feel let down then.

I honestly feel the system for people with anxiety/panic, agoraphobia is absolute ****e and there is hardly any serious support at all, it seems to be a kind of 'just get on with it' attitude.

Hope you manage to get to your CBT appointment today and it goes well, and put in a complaint as when you are trying so hard to recover you really do not need to be let down in this way.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

Sue K with 5
17-01-07, 10:25
I know what your saying but when I did try to complain the receptionist pre warned the bugger i was on the phone wanting to speak to a manager and he intercepted.

I am so sick of the excuses all the time. Stupid daft pratt send me a support worker 10 weeks ago and had the nerve to say to me, well you need to go out with her more.

I AM AGORAPHOBIC WHICH MEANS IN ORDER FOR ME TO GO OUT I NEED SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE OF AGORPHOBIA NOT SOMEONE WITH SHOPPING EXPERIENCE, I MEAN I HAVE THE ANXIETY AND PANIC ARE THEY COMPLETELY STUPID

sorry for moaning but i am so mad about it

sue

scknight

jo61
17-01-07, 10:41
Hi Sue, I would suggest you write in a formal complaint marked private and confidential, copying it to the CBT therapist, your GP, psychiatrist if you have one and uncle tom cobbley and all. It's unacceptable level of service.

Love Jo xx

mirry
17-01-07, 11:09
What a joke , they should be treating you alot better than this.
And as for your partner saying "tough" just isnt good enough, what did you say to him when he said that ???

Because if you dont get the support need then its also tough on him,
Some people seem to like the power of living with a agrophobic, it somehow makes them feel like they are in control.
Be careful this isnt the case because if it is he could be reinforcing your agrophobia.

Hope you sort everything out soon.

mirryx

honeybee3939
17-01-07, 11:16
Hi Sue

Hope you manage to get to your appoinment this afternoon, its so annoying when you get let down! And its certainly not your fault.

Ive had 2 appointments also cancelled in the last couple of weeks, and i feel it as set me back a little, dont these people understand this !!!!

Thinking of you !

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

kate
17-01-07, 15:56
My CPN decided that we "needed a break".

Never heard from her again.

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

jo61
17-01-07, 16:07
HI Sue, let us know if you got to go.

Love Jo x

clickaway
17-01-07, 16:15
Sue,

Mental health under the NHS is a joke. Except it is not funny.

When I had a gripe with my health centre, I complained to the Patient and Advice Liaison Service and things soon got sorted.

Put in a complaint to PALS http://www.pals.nhs.uk/

Hugs to you mate!

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

mick
17-01-07, 18:00
hi Sue
sorry to hear aboutyour problems m8, your right when your down people allways seem to want to make you feel worse at least you,ve got us on nmp who emphasise with you,take care hun you will win in the end
Mick x

my life has been full of terrible events most of which have never happened!

Karen
17-01-07, 20:05
Hi Sue

Sorry to hear you have been let down again. It is not good enough when support services do not provide the help they are there to provide.

What is your relationship with your GP like? Could you get him/her on the case. I am fortunate enough to have an excellent GP who gets things done.

The system still doesn't work though. I've only been out of hospital for less that 2 weeks and my social worker (who is also my care coordinator) is supposed to be in regular contact with me to make sure I am coping. I've not seen or heard from her.

Perhaps try the PALS system Ray mentioned and also write a formal complaint. It's not right that you are treated this way.

Hope you made it to the appointment.

Karen xx