PDA

View Full Version : Are the Dr Missing something!!

ant12
06-03-15, 10:57
Back in december i had very bad cold, lasted about 2 weeks, and felt run down, then afetr that it felt like a pulling pain in my left side. i went to the drs they told me the strain of the cold this year is taking a while to clear. (wait a few weeks see how you feel)
i then started to expierience right shoulder pain with burning in chest area on the right along with back pain same side. (Dr Google said ) Lung cancer so got myself worked up about that.

I have had the following:

MRI on my back top to bottom
Bloods full blood count liver function and thyroid check.
Bloods again in A&E just 2 days ago (liver, pancreas, i think full blood count and markers)
3 chest xrays ( nothing found)
ultrasound on abdomen (kidneys, gallbladder and spleen.

Only thing that stood out on these tests where Hpylori witch i took a course of antibiotics and PPI Meds for 7 days.
(this was 4 weeks ago) i Thought that would be the end of it pain was still there so went back to GP. (Ultrasound was the next test)

Findings
(Gallbladder) 4.3mm polyp which the songropher thought is nothing to worry about and dont rush to the GP with this finding.

i have lost my appetite slowly over the last couple of weeks and starting to drop weight, i am forcing myself to eat weight drop approx (4.8kg)

I can also say i have over the last couple of months not been sleeping well and been having a few pannic attacks at night.

The burning in the chest is still there and shoulder stiffness is still there.

(Do i have cancer and they are not finding it)

MY question is why am i loosing weight and why do i still feel the same? (I dont want this to be past of as anxiety and them missing something)

If someone can help i would much apprciate the time and advice.

PS i am still on omeprazole 40mg a day.

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

anyone ?

MrH
06-03-15, 12:05
Sounds like you were well and truly picked apart with tests, there has to be a point where you acknowledge that if the doctor's haven't found something, there's nothing to find.

If you're worried to this degree it's little surprise your appetite is affected. Positive thoughts.

ant12
06-03-15, 12:40
Thank you for the response :)

i apprciate the advice..... its hard to switch the brain off.